Jambands.ca

Deke's a Dick

kung

I'd like to share with you my email exchange with Deke but he's now threatening me with legal action for my potentially slanderous remarks. Something to the effect of just one call to his lawyers and I'd be forking over part of my paycheck for the next three years. The guy is a MAJOR prick there is no doubt about it. Who talks about 'expressions in the biz' and 'one call to my lawyer' anyway. What a fucking ass. You would think after promoting 8 Cheese concerts he'd be a mushy ball of spooge, the guys harsher than I am. He's rightly pointed out that I couldn't just walk away from this situation, which is a symptom of his at-a-distance diagnosis of megalomania. Now he's threatening to bring my 'fragile little world' crumbling down around me. I know I said I was done and it's genuinely how I felt. I think I felt like if I've made anyone feel like this that is just wrong and I don't want to perpetuate this.

So I need some free legal advice on what constitutes slander or libel. He even included as a post script in his email a clause about 'this message contains information which may be confidential and privileged'. One thing is certain this guy does not embody the values our culture believes in. I have obviously pressed his buttons as is my way and he has got a major hard on for me now.

good luck with anything like that - it would be a precedent setting lawsuit that's for sure. Don't think anything said on a forum has come across as libel/slander yet in the lawbooks - did he suffer emotionally or financially from it?

Also, didn't you just have your 'identity' stolen? Who's to say it wasn't your nefarious imposter? To prove that in court you might have to hoop it and not enjoy it tho....

He better get his ISP to trace your IP ASAP! hehehe

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

There's way too much slander going on around here for my tastes.

You've been slandered, he's been slandered...people are slandering left and right. I think it's slander season.

I'm thinking of creating a slander forum just for slandering.

Thoughts?

February... people need some sunshine, rainy season out west to boot

you're not getting sued Kung... if you do you've got 50 witnesses who can explain the direction and tenor of the "anonymous" discussion... it would've just fizzled away as idle conversation if not for the attack on you

Its another reality that this scene is not what it appears to be all the time.Its not this big old hug folks make it out to be,sure thats a awesome thought and a even better action to say the least,but not reality.

I have said it many times,perhaps not here on this board but to friends in person and they have heard my bullshit about certian issues,some agreed others didn't.

There is a "real" world outside and it definatley isn't a pretty one.(not that this is news to anyone)

I know I said before that I am not interested in your perpetual dramas but on the topic of Slander and Libel, I will comment. I am not a laywer but I am a Law Clerk/Paralegal Program and I have just learned a little about this recently.

Defamation is a false statement about someone to his detrement. It must have been broadcast. By broadcast they mean heard by at least one other person. Slander covers the spoken word, libel-the writen or 'permanent'

So basically, if you said or wrote any untruth detremental to someone's reputation, business, personal or otherwise, and anyONE other than that person, heard or read it, you are liable. You must be able to prove that the accusations you made are true; ei, you must prove he was selling E...etc.

Under the law of Torts he can seek finacial damages.

PS This is not true legal advice, I'm just telling you what I learned at school...

quote:

Originally posted by jared:

i never really noticed so much of a fight going on latley, but anyways fu@k you all your a bucnh of babies.. get over it and be friends or something already

This coming from a guy who cries about a woman, online every second month.

Give me a break. [Roll Eyes]

slander is spoken derogatory reamarks, libel is written. for you to actually be held legally responsible for these actions they would basically have had to impede this guys ability to lead a productive life, which in legalese means make money. so don't worry about it, i think this guy is just letting off some steam.

Archived