Jambands.ca

Ask "hamilton" a question.

MarcO

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hamilton, what the fack is going on here? ::

Well, people ask questions, and I try to answer them. Sometimes they are real answers, and sometimes I'm just being a smart-ass. Sometimes, my ass is smarter than others. If you're confused, go back and read the 300 or so posts that come before this one. Watch for a pattern.

ok what i really meant was the last time this thread was very active you were unemployed. i was wondering if this thread was again your primary activity during the day.

Oh.

No, I'm employed... over-employed, and under-paid. For reasons known only to himself, Lazlo decided to resurrect the thread after a year.

I guess I was on hiatus... which, I suppose, makes me a jamband.

Hi Hamilton, long-time viewer first time poster.

With the pope just about to pass on, do you think this is a moment of clarity for the world's catholics, the passing of a great but somewhat archaic man, or a non-event?

Well, for me it's kind of an interesting non-event... but for the majority of the world's Catholics, I'd have to say it is a moment of clarity.

With the overall decline of religion in Europe, Australia & New Zealand, Canada, and a large portion of America (those not belonging to the religious right, or not currently in the process of being born again), you'd think that this would be an opportunity for the Catholic Church to elect a new pontiff who is a little (or a lot) more progressive. However, those of us in the northern hemisphere tend to forget that Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular are rapidly expanding in South America, Asia and Africa, and that believers in those parts of the world tend to be much more rigidly dogmatic. I think the Catholic Church knows that it has to focus on those parts of the world for its future, and I think that the next pope will be just as inflexible as JPII.

You can already see how the increase in the Christian population south of the Equator has had an effect on the Anglican Church; the recent schism over blessing same-sex marriages in B.C. and the election of an openly-gay Prelate (or whatever they are called) in Vermont (or was it New Hampshire?) has caused - the biggest uproar came from the African members of the Communion (or, again, whatever the proper name of the worldwide council is called).

hey Brian - do you know if TimmyB is going to come over to my place tonight to watch the Grateful Dead Movie (he's never seen it) or am I just gonna get baked and listen to The Slip for hours? thanks.

Well, TimmyB told me that he would be coming over, but he was tripping his balls off on LSD when he said that, so who knows?

hey Brian - do you know if TimmyB is going to come over to my place tonight to watch the Grateful Dead Movie (he's never seen it) or am I just gonna get baked and listen to The Slip for hours? thanks.

Well, TimmyB told me that he would be coming over, but he was tripping his balls off on LSD when he said that, so who knows?

woah. thanks. maybe an intervention is in order for that boy. we'll have to talk about that over some bowls and a case of beer sometime.

Paan has a rash on his balls. What should he do?

P.S. It's kind of creepy.

Why don't you come down from Parry Sound and rub some lotion into his nutsack? I'm sure that you would both enjoy that. Be sure to post a message, telling everyone how it goes. Then, you guys can be creepy together.

Archived