Jambands.ca

Jamhub.ca no more?

Walletsworth

doesnt make much sense to put time and resources into gettign the hub back, with a perfect alternative here thats up and running and alreadya great site. With an east coast forum or extension or whatever it woudl be all us east coasters need to keep up to date on the "goin'z on" for live shows or whate have you locally.

Think about it mclean, it just makes sense, where are you going to find time to run and maintain jamhub, and keep doin all that you're doing??

Edited by Guest

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still checked the Hub for east coast info (and shameless self-promotion), but I don't understand why there's any fuss about a board that was down to 3-5 active threads a day - and that was pre-virus.

Start something new or join the existing alternatives (jambands.ca, giraffecycle, locals, etc).

All this computer hacking is making me thirsty.

"I'm interested in upgrading my twenty eight point eight kilobaud internet connection to a one point five megabit fibre-optic T-1 line. Will you be able to provide an IP router that's compatable with my token ring ethernet LAN configuration?"

comicguypoint.gif

We have our own reasons for wanting to revive Jamhub.

Jambands is a great resource Bouche, but like others said...regional relevancy is important for message boards. Especially since Jamhub has thousands of members (most based out of the east coast)

Once the site is back up, we plan on doing some marketing around it and reviving the board as best as possible.

There is lots of room for the board on that big old crazy internet contraption.

We have our own reasons for wanting to revive Jamhub.

Jambands is a great resource Bouche, but like others said...regional relevancy is important for message boards. Especially since Jamhub has thousands of members (most based out of the east coast)

Once the site is back up, we plan on doing some marketing around it and reviving the board as best as possible.

There is lots of room for the board on that big old crazy internet contraption.

Do what ya gota do i guess, as far as regional relevancy goes, thats what an east coast section would be for....still seems like a huge waste of time and effort, but whatever gets ya goin

and out of those thousands of members half of them are my old user names i got banned from the site with... ;)

Edited by Guest

regional relevancy is important for message boards. Especially since Jamhub has thousands of members (most based out of the east coast)

I'm trying to point out that we're region free. The opportunity of branching off a set of forums here for an east coast community that can easily integrate with more community is available and the right time to do it. Since everyone feels like there isn't much of a "scene" to identify with, it's probably a good idea to try and pull it together.

[color:purple]I only respond to posts from eastern Ontario and the extreme west of Quebec.

bouche and jambands.ca already has everything figured out as far as safe and secure message boards with lots of features and a built-in audience. what's the issue?

Whether Jamhub lives or dies... It really doesn't matter. In this world of free choice, people can choose to either frequent it, or not. Like I said guys, we have our own reasons for wanting to keep Jamhub alive.

The lack of Ontario content and participation on the site speaks to me. What it says is that there is need for a maritime based hub within this community.

Embrace change guys, don't be afraid of it.

If anybody is truly wondering why we are doing and just can't live without an answer, contact me privately at saintjohnbookings@gmail.com and I can certainly go into detail.

Business talk is best kept off public forums.

I'm still confused on the need. all the functionality is right here.

The lack of Ontario content and participation comes from the fact that this site was established and grew in Ontario before jamhub existed.

I don't know who rallied east coast people together into jamhub but if the site is neglected, doesn't that mean that a community was neglected along with it?

If there is a need for an established site infrastructure for an established east coast community... it's right here on your screen.

I understand the confusion...I said above that I would discuss it in private if you felt you really needed to know.

So Bouche, if you want to shake that nagging feeling of not understanding, then contact me privately and I can fill you in on the deets in a matter of seconds.

saintjohnbookings@gmail.com

End the speculation and this madness and contact me.

Whether Jamhub lives or dies... It really doesn't matter. In this world of free choice, people can choose to either frequent it, or not. Like I said guys, we have our own reasons for wanting to keep Jamhub alive.

Translation: “I need the advertising revenue!â€

If there is a need for an established site infrastructure for an established east coast community... it's right here on your screen.

Translation: “I need the advertising revenue!â€

:)

well then keep a lookout for my new site (invite only, http://jambandierthanthou.ca

where the main forum will be called "Stay in School, Kids" and will focus on the construction of gas bongs, the Rhythym Method of contraception, how to brew your own single malt scotch and leather vests: not gay after all

I shudder at the thought of which ads Google will deliver to it...

Aloha,

Brad

I think you're onto something here Davey.

If Jambands is the virtual skirt, then Jamhub must be the virtual Canadian Tire parking lot where people hang out in their souped-up flat black 84 Monte Carlos on Monday nights and have macros and message board nomenclature for honking at their buddies and girls in tight pants all while streaming AC/DC's greatest hits.