Jambands.ca

QOTD: TV show you miss?

Patchoulia

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in England back in May and the A-Team seemed to be in regular rotation over there. My cousins knew all the characters and everyone would sit around the TV to watch it.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...

A-Team.jpg

• 11 months later...

show that I miss:

Freaks and Geeks - although it wasn't around for very long. It was very reminiscent of high school for me.

526gca0.jpg

So we just finished watching the entire 18 episodes of Freaks & Geeks last week. HOLY FUCK what a great show that was. I agree Al, totally takes me back to those days and so many memories. The characters and writing were so good. I was really sad to see it end. However, that last episode was just brilliant. The discovery of American Beauty and the description of why a Grateful Dead show is so special were perfect!

Back to Battlestar Galactica Season 3 now ;)

Edited by Guest

I watched "Freaks & Geeks" in its entirety during its original run (back when I had to tape it on my VCR if I was going to be out that night) and I loved it so much...

Every since (10? 11? years ago?) I've always referenced lines from it...very few people get them, sadly...but I do it anyway...

For example:

"Baba O'Reilly"

"What?"

"The song's called Baba O'Reilly..thanks for breaking up the band, Lindsey..."

Thank you, Seth Rogen..perfect deadpan delivery...

I remember watching "Soap" as a kid and LOVING it...and somehow knowing that there was something risque afoot, but I wasn't sure what...it was just funny to me..

Gawd... I LOVED "Soap" when I was young. I don't think there was an episode that I missed. I think Burt was my favourite character. And Jody. And the Major, or the General, or whatever he was called. And, of course, Benson.