Jambands.ca

Vernon downs '98

fluffhead77

Who else recalls lookng up into the night sky and seeing the big dipper pouring into the stage that night? Phish themselves were in fine form that night.

We got there pretty early and somehow had a hotel within walking distance. Met up with some of our friends who had been on the tour and they crashed in our room. It really stank, bad-like. One of the worst smelling rooms I've ever been in.

For those of you who ever saw that picture of Hood in front of the Hood truck, it was the morning following this show when I took that shot. I dragged him out of bed to get it. He wasnt too happy with me until he figured out what I was up to.

For those of you who ever saw that picture of Hood in front of the Hood truck, it was the morning following this show when I took that shot. I dragged him out of bed to get it. He wasnt too happy with me until he figured out what I was up to.

It's amazing sometimes the results one achieves by making an effort. That photo is 100% perfect.

This made me smile :)

Vernon Downs was my first show! I remember having to drive back to the Falls right after, not fun.

I have a copy, but I don't think it's very good either.

a great sounding source for the show is the FOB Schoeps mk4 recording. Don't have it on hand myself but it's pretty widely available.

I did some searching, and didn't find an mk4 source, but did find two others. First, a Neumann km184 source:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=512042

which one comment describes as "the best I heard from this date", and second, a Schoeps CMC6/MK41 source:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=522636

One difference between them is that with the Schoeps source, the YEM is "barely cut at the end"; the Neumann source has it complete.

Aloha,

Brad