Jambands.ca

So..how did you come up with your user name for jambands??

Low rain

Silly name, kind of a funny story.....

Back in my Burt Neilson days, we were living in Canmore for a winter. Jer, Mike, Gavin and Lowell formed a band to play weekly at the Canmore Hotel, that played indi rock tunes and tunes from Lowell's album at the time. BNB was quite comfortable at the Ho back then, feeling right at home and able to get away with anything. The guys in the band used to get hammered on those evenings and be extremely obnoxious and swear a lot on stage.

So one night some Calgary BNB fans decided to make the trek up to Canmore and check out this BNB side project (probably expecting some funk hippy show). They must not have liked it and were pretty much offended 'cause they went home and it may have been on the Canjam page or the BNB message board, but they wrote a review about how offensive it was, and how upset they were that they drove there that night on a work night to see this. Then they mentioned that Jeff Heisholt and I, since we weren't part of this band, must be the "profaninty police" of the Burt Neilson Band. I responded to the thread, I think defending the band, I'm not sure how, but I signed it "P.P." (for profanity police).

Jay is my first name (not Jason) and I've always been a guitarist / side man for singer songwriters. I played in a duo with a Folk/Rock singer Aaron MacDonald for 3-4 years, 300+ shows. I always admired the way that David Grisman supported Jerry Garcia's acoustic - so I borrowed his "Dawg" handle. And that's it!

My first name and the first letter of my last name combined. You can imagine the amount of insight and effort I put into it. I was something else on this board pre-2003 but I somehow lost my password etc. and just ended up opening a new account.