Jambands.ca

Coffee preferences

bouche

A simple spelling error to be honest. Arabic was the intended word, but being a coffee discussion I guess I got my words crossed between my brain & keyboard.

Coffea arabica (species) is indigenous to the Arabian Peninusla.

Thanks, for the "tip".

ArabiAN?

Somewhere between your brain and your Keyboard hands is your throat...which is from where ArabIC would flow if you knew that language.

...Which would be awesome.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ArabiAN?

Somewhere between your brain and your Keyboard hands is your throat...which is from where ArabIC would flow if you knew that language.

Arabic coffee (also called Arabian) is prepared with the traditional Turkish coffee making method using an ibrik.

Tip:

Somewhere between your knee caps & stomach is where your ass is, I suggest removing your head.

...Which would be awesome.

I'm not sure what their distribution is like, but I echo the sentiments that Just Us is the best coffee I've ever had. We can buy it in the grocery stores here. The Guatemalan is my current fav.

I'm surprised at how many of you decide to submit to cheap ass Maxwell house branded coffee or even Tim Horton's. I've come to believe that coffee can not only wake you up, but you can also enjoy the fuck out of it.

Maxwell house and Nabob doesn't even SMELL like coffee. yeesh. Bradm, Nabob....really? And you appreciate great beer and wine. I'm surprised. egad. omfg. rofl. jeebuz.

snobbiest post ever. you must be in the know

Who would have thought that coffee could be so contentious?

I generally just take whatever they are shilling at the corner store or whatever my colleague/neighbour is serving for our my morning meeting, but I do appreciate a good cuppa.

I went to a meditation course and they had 'imitation coffee'...which I believe was some instant chickory stuff (obviously bulk) and it was awesome. with milk and honey...awesome.

Instant coffee has its place...most notably in baking.

They love instant coffee in Korea' date=' especially in the offices, where a serving comes in a stick similar to these:

[img']http://www.refreshmentshop.co.uk/images/single_serve_portion/539834.jpg

I have discovered another use (aside from baking) for instant coffee: it makes for a great alcoholic mix. Vodka, tonic, one of those coffee stick and lemon. Sounds crazy; tastes great. Trust me. At least, I think you should trust me - I have several non-memories of drinking that mix all night. Try it out. Delicious.

Looking forward to giving this Vodka version a try!

Yesterday I feared getting caught in the rain so instead of walking to Timmies I stopped into Starbucks for some burnt coffee.

"Could I have a medium, regular normal coffee please," I asked.

"You mean grande (or venti, or whatever the mediums are called there)?" he says.

I looked at the cup sizes, pointed to the medium-sized cup and said, "Yeah, I guess so."

"Two dollars and a nickel," he says.

"You mean feld kronkites and a bliver?" I almost asked.

Listen buddy, when you're in my shop you use the terms we arbitrarily came up with or take your business to a place where every proletariat can order using such (ugh) pedestrian terms as "small" "medium" and "large". Puh-lease.

Yesterday I feared getting caught in the rain so instead of walking to Timmies I stopped into Starbucks for some burnt coffee.

"Could I have a medium, regular normal coffee please," I asked.

"You mean grande (or venti, or whatever the mediums are called there)?" he says.

I looked at the cup sizes, pointed to the medium-sized cup and said, "Yeah, I guess so."

"Two dollars and a nickel," he says.

"You mean feld kronkites and a bliver?" I almost asked.

::wipes splurched coffee off monitor::

Velvet, you should be writing commercials. After the "feld" part, the voice-over kicks in: "Ordering a coffee shouldn't require you to learn a foreign language. Come to some coffee shop name" with "Simply Made Coffee Made Simple." as the final screen.

Aloha,

Brad

I wonder what you would say if In and OUt burger came to town. They are notorious for having a very convoluted secret store-invented menu.

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

Though I bet their medium coffee is just a medium coffee.

In and OUt burger doesn't even SMELL like burgers. yeesh. Bouche, In and OUt burger....really? And you appreciate great coffee and avocados. I'm surprised. egad. omfg. rofl. jeebuz.

I wonder what you would say if In and OUt burger came to town. They are notorious for having a very convoluted secret store-invented menu.

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

Though I bet their medium coffee is just a medium coffee.

In and OUt burger doesn't even SMELL like burgers. yeesh. Bouche' date=' In and OUt burger....really? And you appreciate great coffee and avocados. I'm surprised. egad. omfg. rofl. jeebuz.

[/quote']

FTW. :hail:

Aloha,

Brad

I don't understand why in Ontario "regular" means 1 cream and 1 sugar. Who is that regular to? Out here I say "a medium cream and sugar please". I suppose it might be because people around here are notorious for the "triple-triple".

Bouche, In and OUt burger....really? And you appreciate great coffee and avocados. I'm surprised. egad. omfg. rofl. jeebuz.

I'll bet you a kronkite bouche has never been to In and OUt burger

I don't understand why in Ontario "regular" means 1 cream and 1 sugar. Who is that regular to? Out here I say "a medium cream and sugar please". I suppose it might be because people around here are notorious for the "triple-triple".
Bouche, In and OUt burger....really? And you appreciate great coffee and avocados. I'm surprised. egad. omfg. rofl. jeebuz.

I'll bet you a kronkite bouche has never been to In and OUt burger

I wanted to pull into one in Vegas last year, but I wasn't hungry at all.