Jambands.ca

Phish Summer Tour

Northern Wish

What a clusterfuck of an onsale.

Pav Row MM for Detroit was the best I could pull during presale on Thursday.

Today was completely whack, pulling lawn after lawn at 10:00:01 through 10:26 until I hit row TT then got 403'd at 10:33 from the computer, ended up settling for Pav Row BB at 10:54 on the app.

Still seeing row CC in the center right now on the app, whatthefuck!?!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First in line yesterday at a local tm outlet to get SPAC tickets, best we could do were balcony seats. Which should be good but would have definitely preferred closer. Nothing but lawn tickets available by the time the 3rd guy in line had his turn.

Earlier yesterday, I ordered tickets online for Mansfield, got pretty good seats in the lower level right off the bat.

Not much luck today ordering tix onlinje for Canandaigua, slow getting through and now nothing but lawns. I'll see what comes up at a later date.

Not much luck today ordering tix onlinje for Canandaigua, slow getting through and now nothing but lawns. I'll see what comes up at a later date.

I was occasionally pulling pavs (like row NNN) up until just a few minutes ago. I've refreshed too many times so I'm forbidden.

Best I pulled was DDD.

I will echo what CTowns said about Detroit. Two computers and the LN app pulled nothing but lawns for the first 25 minutes, then back of the pavilion started to come out on the app only. Even those seats would only be seen if I was requesting 2. If I went for 4 it would say no tickets available.

They cleary sold the shitty seats first.

Then at about 40 minutes past the onsale both of my computers got 403'd.

I hit on a pair in Row BB on the app at about 10:50 and bought those. 15 minutes later I hit on another pair in Row BB- a pair of seats away.

I'd like to know what is up with the ticket allotments. When requesting and releasing tix through the app it seemed to have a batch of seats predetermined for me as I saw the exact same pair of seats a dozen or so times (Row II and Row ZZ were the most frequent).

In the end CTowns and I ended up with 6 seats out of 12 in Row BB from 48 thru 59.

There was nothing random about the selections I had the opportunity to buy. I feel really bad for people that bought lawns before 10:30, while mid pavilions weren't popping up and can still be bought now.

That was one of my worst ticket buying experiences in recent memory.

Edited by Guest

if you find better seats i think you can exchange them? i seem to remember doing this last year for the (cancelled) Toronto show. i think there was a fee per ticket or something like that though. (7$ maybe?)

Exchanges

Don't suffer from seat envy. If you see seats you prefer that are the same price or higher for your event, call 800-653-8000 to exchange the ones you have and just pay the difference, if any. Tickets bought at a Ticketmaster retail location must be exchanged at the same location. One exchange per person, per event.

Hi Betty, I know you will be getting lots of mail so I will keep it short. What the heck happened with the ticketing for Toronto? At both PTBM and regular onsale time the best tickets that were being found by most (I will admit that one friend did receive Pits from the lottery) were 400 level at best.

Immediately following the onsale there was an onslaught of 200s to StubHub.

We all tried really hard to get good tix for the first show back in TO since 2000 (I was there and at 99 too); and then to watch Ticketmaster drop 300s and Pits over the weekend and then all of the remaining 200s yesterday.

I won't swear- or stomp on my soapbox- but I will just say that I am supremely dissapointed. I read that Phish got a $1 mill dollar bonus to play only LNation venues last summer. I would expect that will have to stay in place as fewer and fewer fans want to buy bad seats at the onsale- and will rather wait for prices to fall drastically on the secondary market due to the backhanded tactics. Would Phish really rather have Live Nations money, than from their own fans? Perhaps that is one of the reasons they are no longer a band that sells out shows, but sells out its fans.

Lets be honest here the band or management is clearly playing with the on sales to ensure that the worst seats are eaten up by real fans, and then maybe you get some casual interlopers to buy the good seats near the show. Somehow this seems like a better way to sell more tickets to someone like Coran.

This is not acceptable and Phish fans won't stand for it. I will never ever buy tickets to a Phish event in advance again.

I hope the lid gets blown off of this situation like all of those manhole covers during the massive storm last night.

Even though I love the band -this will be my 63rd show- all travelling far and wide from Canada (even during the days of 52% currency exchange)- this is the first time I feel like they don't love us.

Too bad, so sad.

• 1 month later...
I will echo what CTowns said about Detroit. Two computers and the LN app pulled nothing but lawns for the first 25 minutes, then back of the pavilion started to come out on the app only. Even those seats would only be seen if I was requesting 2. If I went for 4 it would say no tickets available.

They cleary sold the shitty seats first.

Then at about 40 minutes past the onsale both of my computers got 403'd.

I hit on a pair in Row BB on the app at about 10:50 and bought those. 15 minutes later I hit on another pair in Row BB- a pair of seats away.

I'd like to know what is up with the ticket allotments. When requesting and releasing tix through the app it seemed to have a batch of seats predetermined for me as I saw the exact same pair of seats a dozen or so times (Row II and Row ZZ were the most frequent).

In the end CTowns and I ended up with 6 seats out of 12 in Row BB from 48 thru 59.

There was nothing random about the selections I had the opportunity to buy. I feel really bad for people that bought lawns before 10:30, while mid pavilions weren't popping up and can still be bought now.

That was one of my worst ticket buying experiences in recent memory.

Well it all makes sense now..... Apparently DTE has a membership offer that runs until mid June every year. You can buy a seat and obviously the best ones are saved for this promotion. Once the membership period is lifted, all of those good seats will be offered up to the general public.

http://dte.io-media.com/

• 1 month later...
Anyone coming back to Ontario after the Pine Knob ( DTE Center) show? Looking for a ride :)

Will happily provide conversation and general chuminess as well as diatribes on what snacks should and should not be allowed to continue being produced. Also, gas money.

Where will you need a ride to? I'm going down and back with an empty car. I am obviously not coming back until the next morning.

Edited by Guest

I haven't listened yet, but last nights setlist is pretty friggin cool.

Mansfield, MA - July 1 2014

Set 1: Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Fuego, Back on the Train, Halfway to the Moon, The Wedge, 555, Stash, Bouncing Around the Room, Birds of a Feather, Wingsuit[1]

Set 2: Mike's Song > Simple > Free, Waiting All Night, Ghost -> Weekapaug Groove, Harry Hood, Cavern

Encore: Julius

[1] Ended with Mike on power drill.

Notes: Trey teased Streets of Cairo in Back on the Train, The Munsters theme in Stash, and Dave's Energy Guide in Ghost. Page teased Magilla in Simple. Wingsuit ended with Mike on power drill.

Edited by Guest