Jambands.ca

x

Joan

Current standbys:

- Steamwhistle

- Heritage Lager

- various European lagers... notice that imported beer is now cheaper than domestic??

When I'm the mood for an ale then something from the McAuslan or Unibroue lines. I love the American pale ale style when I'm down south.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

- Tyskie (tell me how you like it SugarMegs)

- Zywiec

- Creemore

- Kokanee (only from a can while fishing in the Rockies)

- Heineken (tastes better in Europe)

- O'Keefe (for the pepper in me)

st. ambroise oatmeal stout

rogue shakespeare stout

drunken monkey oatmeal stout

i like the taste of the new sleeman porter but it gives me a viscious headache like the honey brown.

Creemore UrBock...got to have a barley wine of theirs a couple of years ago...amazing.

Niagara Falls Gritstone and Eisbock is good stuff.

Where do you get drunken monkey?

Rogue is a good call..

but people people people, lets not forget the Samual Smiths that are getting cold in my fridge right now.

Oaties

TaddyPorter

Nut Brown.. ummmm beer.

st. ambroise oatmeal stout

rogue shakespeare stout

drunken monkey oatmeal stout

i like the taste of the new sleeman porter but it gives me a viscious headache like the honey brown.

Creemore UrBock...got to have a barley wine of theirs a couple of years ago...amazing.

Niagara Falls Gritstone and Eisbock is good stuff.

I enjoy Steamwhistle regularly. I used to be a moosehead fan and still like it from time to time, but I'm more into steamwhistle these days.

Creemore's Urbock is one of my top 3. Yum yum! It's a seasonal but can also be found on tap in a few places (the manx in ottawa, for example). Otherwise I'll drink anything free, and at Zaphod's I insist on quarts of export.

My favourite beer is no longer made: Hart Breweries used to make their Amber Ale cask-conditioned, which means they brewed it, put it in a keg, and shipped it to the pub. It had to be hand-pumped, and wasn't carbonated, pasteurized, or filtered. (If you've ever heard the term "real ale", that's what it means.)

Hart is back in business, IIRC, but I haven't seen it on regular draft anywhere, let alone cask-conditioned (which very few pubs can accommodate, as you need a special tap setup for it).

Aloha,

Brad