Jambands.ca

What Genre Of music Do you Find Most appealing??

Gr8FuL

i'd have to say that i have yet to hear a roots reggae artist that makes me want to put flaming q-tips in my ears, so that genre is probably the best since it has no real badness to it. also, south american and african traditional music is something that i always appreciate hearing.

Hmm Let me see here...i'm hard on the Jazz, Funk, Soul, Acid, African, Roots, Blues, Afrobeat, LoFi, Reggae, Dance Hall, downtempo, Dub, triphop, acoustic and, electric singer/songwriters, 70's stoner metal, rock n roll, hip hop, r'n b, experimental, native american, gypsy, bluegrass, latin, rap, groove, punk, flamenco, drum and bass, breaks, acapella, mash ups and pretty much all in between...

I'm addicted to the acoustic/roots/folk/country blues style...whatever genre that may be.

Mainly...

The Gourds.

Many have attempted to personify, lablefly, quantify, verbalize and sanctify the concoction of musical quilts these here gourds have somehow knit together. In a saucepan of slow roasts they have conjured tempo's, tango's, waltzes, zydeco, old timey, two step, lowgrooved, long winded, short tailed, tiny, phat, stompin gizmo's of tunes tripped out of lonely, solid teeth and wet green earth. Bugs all bedazzled with this comic tear soaked golden throated close harmony caved in a corner with hat drippin' rain. Lo and behold lo and behold they was just lookin' for they lo and behold.

With obscure references to everything from desmond dekker, black adder, folk mythology, Oregon motels, baby gramps, Curtis Mayfield songs, Spanish poetry, u.s. currency, leadbelly, isopropyl alcohol, various controlled substances, sex, food, arachnids, insects, archetypal psychology, NFL, liquid gold, Sufis, preachers, old testament bible stories, mud, betrayal and masturbation's.

there are too many to list. so simply put, i like anything that makes me shake my ass, gives me shivers & goosebumps, is fun to sing along to, makes me jump up & dance, makes me giggle, or rips right at my soul (these are all "and/or"s of course).

but if you're going to make me pick ONE. well, by the brown of boognish, i think we can all guess what that would be. ::

mmm...faux.

I love faux hippie faux love vibe faux freedom faux "I don't do hard drugs, I only do speed" faux acceptance faux "I'm cool with all peeps except faggots" faux "protect the earth music fans" faux "rock the vote but pay me to do it" faux everything else that transcends genres but leaves a scar on music on general.

That felt great. I love gay disco.