Jambands.ca

Big Summer Classic show/ticket info

Basher

Per http://www.bigsummerclassic.com/

BIG Summer Classic 2005

Info for: Olympic Island / Toronto, ON

Date: 07.12.05 - Tuesday

Artists to perform: The String Cheese Incident, Keller Williams, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Umphrey's McGee, New Monsoon

Ticket Availability: On Sale 4/20 at BIG Summer Classic Ticketing

Ticket Price: $34.00 US advance / $39.00 US DOS

Seating: General admission

Tapers: Tapers buy general admission ticket

Doors/Show: 1:00pm doors / 3:00pm show

Ages: All Ages

Kids: 2 & under FREE with a paying adult

Water: YES

Info for: Cisco Systems Bluesfest / Ottawa, ON

Date: 07.13.05 - Wednesday

Artists to perform: The String Cheese Incident, Keller Williams, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Umphrey's McGee, New Monsoon

Ticket Availability: On Sale 4/20 at BIG Summer Classic Ticketing

Ticket Price: $20.00 US

Seating: General admission

Tapers: Tapers buy general admission ticket

Doors/Show: 6:00pm doors / 6:00pm show

Ages: All Ages

Kids: 2 & under FREE with a paying adult

Water: see festival website

I don't think anyone has said they can't play in Canada... It just seems like they're skipping the two Canadian dates. While it might entirely be because of criminal records, I don't think we should speculate about anything until they explain the reason for themselves...

As far as the Schedule goes, SCI is slated to close, and the rest is TBA. Show starts at 3PM, and with the last ferry leaving the island at 11:45PM you gotta think the show will end around 11. I would put good money on Keller playing right before SCI.

Got an email back from YMSB and they say there is still a slight chance of coming here.... its probably a paperwork issue??

As for the order. my guess is Keller does a short set between Spearhead and SCI. ie. the old setbreak set while they set up and tear down...

I didn't say it wouldn't be full... just that it is easier then setting up a whole band etc...

(although, at a risk of creating enemies, I'm not sure I want him to have a full set unless it was in the afternoon... saw him at Roots and Blues in Australia for a festival. He takes a long time to set the songs up, playing all the different loops and whatnot. Good stuff, but not "giv'er" stuff, for me anyways...)

Just because I'm in a mood...

Most people "here" might want to see Keller. But I'll be most people on the island either a) have never heard of him or B) have never heard him.

Just a guess... could be wrong... but I'd think SCI and Franti sell all the tickets to this shindig.