Jambands.ca

What 5 CDs are you playing most these days?

ReDD

I always feel like I'm missing out on something with this Wassabi thing. Some day.

Otherwise,

Rough Guide to Bellydance (I'm an Arabic tabla junkie)

Aretha Franklin - Aretha's Gold

Sharon Jones - Naturally

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (orig. BBC)

GD - Paris, 27-10-90 (wonderful, if a bit sloppy, Saint of Circumstance, and nice memories)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diga! Nice.

Hey Hamilton, on your copy do you find that "Rhythm" is spelled three different ways? I am at work so I don't have it here, but I think that the spine of the jewel-case has one spelling, the insert has another, and the disc itself has a third. I may be wrong about where on the disc you find the three different spellings, but I distinctly remember three. (Of course, only one spelling is correct.)

Just curious.

Diga! Nice.

Hey Hamilton, on your copy do you find that "Rhythm" is spelled three different ways? I am at work so I don't have it here, but I think that the spine of the jewel-case has one spelling, the insert has another, and the disc itself has a third. I may be wrong about where on the disc you find the three different spellings, but I distinctly remember three. (Of course, only one spelling is correct.)

Just curious.

I never noticed that before... but I can only find two spellings. The cover and CD have the correct spelling, while the spine has "rythym". Nice disc, though. I was inspired to put it on because I am re-reading McNally's "A Long Strange Trip" and I just got to the part where that album was released, and it occurred to me that although I own it, I hadn't heard it for several years.

• 2 weeks later...
I go through phases of not listening to any music, however I love this album:

Rocket From The Tombs - The Day The Earth Met Rocket From The Tombs ( seminal 70's proto-punk band )

Cool, I downloaded and burned a DVD of RFTT playing a gig in Montreal in 2003 ... still intense stuff.

RnB

I go through phases of not listening to any music' date=' however I love this album:

Rocket From The Tombs - The Day The Earth Met Rocket From The Tombs ( seminal 70's proto-punk band )

[/quote']

Cool, I downloaded and burned a DVD of RFTT playing a gig in Montreal in 2003 ... still intense stuff.

RnB

Unfortuantely, like most great rock bands from the 60's and 70's, RFTT is missing a key founding member due to an early self-induced demise: guitarist, singer and songwriter Peter Laughner - who died in 1977.

But... this incarnation put out a well-received 2nd EVER album, Rocket Redux, produced by one of my guitar heroes, Television's Richard Lloyd.

Note: Rocket From The Tombs spawned two seminal 70's bands - The Dead Boys and Per Ubu.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

Let's see.

Interpol- Turn On The Bright Lights

Interpol- Antics

Iron & Wine- Woman King EP

The Beatles- Sgt. Pepper

Blind Melon- Nico

We've just set up a record player in the living room at my house, so we've been cranking out old stuff that I haven't ever really given a good listen to before. As it goes, you have to just pick a random record and listen to it, no matter how bad it may be.

Culture Club - Waking Up With The House On Fire

Blind Faith - self titled

The Brecker Brothers - Back to Back

Montreux Summit - Volume II

The Beatles - Abbey Road

The Band - Rock of Ages

• 2 months later...