Jambands.ca

I have a bunch of stuff I don't need anymore

SaggyBalls

So i'm moving to Vancouver (all misfortunes aside) and I realized that I have a bunch of stuff.

What's the best way to liquidate?

I have music gear (one djembe, 2 basses, an acoustic guitar, mandolin, bass amp, effects, and cables), CDs, a stereo, loads of clothes (I'm an XL tall - which ranges from XL to XXL but sorta inbetween), an old iMac with scanner and software, some comic books, records, some VHS tapes, books...etc...

I also have a car that I'm trying to sell.

a 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with a brand new head gasket and only 200K. drives really nicely and I love the stereo. an unassuming champagne/light brown sedan. nice and peppy but not over the top.

Any suggestions? Feel free to PM me or post here. I just wnat to get totally organized before I leave East Central Canada.

Dude,

Think hard about a full liquidation. I know its a pain in the ass to take that stuff with you - I've moved across the country four times.

A lot of your gear sounds like stuff that is hard to replace (at least, you won't get replacement value if you sell it off...) and that you'll want once you're established on the coast.

Why not store it somewhere (friends/family) and have it shipped once you are established. Or, ship it out now and store it until you can deal...

Just some thoughts from someone who's done the same and regretted it.

well that's a smart thought gator. i'm off to the cottage though...

imac 266 i'm thinking $200 or so

djembe I'm thinking $100 plus shipping

Bass stuff?

standard jazz bass with dimarzios

trace elliot commando 12

as for effects -

boss oc-2

boss ft-2

EH worm

EH mini q tron

EH bass microsynth

ernie ball volume

dunlop bass crybaby

line 6 DL4

I think I'd probably be able to kick out the whole deal with a bag with wheels, cables and wall adapters for around a grand...talk to me...

I want to sell my fender and my amp and my bass gear, keep my headless kramer and get a new amp when i get out west...that's my ideal plan...or have some money to live from.

Brad - i think i'm keeping my acoustic and my mandolin as they're nothing all too special.

the acoustic is a yamaha fg-355 tobacco burst from 1982

the mandolin was probably made by a slave in india. I got it for a gun.

if anybody wants the whole package deal i'm down too.

don't forget I have a car too.

1996 cutlass supreme with 200K! I got it when it was 186K...it drives really nicely and wo't turn a lot of heads. good for a tour or delivery work.

i'm out till monday night!

Dude,

Think hard about a full liquidation. I know its a pain in the ass to take that stuff with you - I've moved across the country four times.

A lot of your gear sounds like stuff that is hard to replace (at least, you won't get replacement value if you sell it off...) and that you'll want once you're established on the coast.

Why not store it somewhere (friends/family) and have it shipped once you are established. Or, ship it out now and store it until you can deal...

Just some thoughts from someone who's done the same and regretted it.

What he said...