The Redwalls

Before Cowboys

Theresa Andersson Group

RAQ

Addison Groove Project

The Breakfast

Big Frog

Tea Leaf Green

Bring on the new funk I say!!! I'd love to see Sisters Euclid/Folk Alarm play there sometime...

Yeah CoP

I think I emailed you about 5 times concerning mailing out some sort of Sisters package to the moe.down management. I wonder if it's too late ? ;)

As far as I'm concerned, moe.down can be trusted to rock your socks off. THere are always a bunch of suprise acts, and they don't usually announce everything until later. I see nothing to worry about, it's always a blast.

Yeah CoP

I think I emailed you about 5 times concerning mailing out some sort of Sisters package to the moe.down management. I wonder if it's too late ? ;)

As far as I'm concerned, moe.down can be trusted to rock your socks off. THere are always a bunch of suprise acts, and they don't usually announce everything until later. I see nothing to worry about, it's always a blast.

I don't know if I saved the info or what the hell I did with it but if you have a contact I'll be sure to get it to the boys this Monday. They're very keen on becoming part of these festivals. They had no idea that the scene was so strong and everytime they play lately the crowds are getting bigger for them.

So if you have a contact, send it my way and I'll do what I can.

And yes, every moe.down I've been to has been a blast...

big frog used to be a dead cover band, but they don't play covers anymore, just originals (they have never covered phish btw). occasionally they'll throw in an 'all around this world' and of course they play other band covers also, but mostly originals.

these are really good friends of mine! they are such an awesome group of people :)

the line-up has changed so much over the years, manabu (guitar) and saoru (keys) departed which was pretty sad *sniff* cause they rocked. i was psyched about the addition of yak on guitar last year though cause he is such an awesome dude. not sure if anymore changes have happened.

the core (ton, sato, and shimi) are 3 of the nicest peeps ever. hope you go check them out!

:)

i looked at their setlists..they look like they love the classic rock as theri setlists are peppered with Led Zeppelin, the Who, steve miller, Black Sabbath and a Bangles cover ??!?!

..but while trying to read their bio, i got very very confused...funny cuz of the google translation, but still confusing...

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.bigfrog.jp/bigfrog-k-works/the-band.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbig%2Bfrog%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

Spring of 98 the American jam band which was done with the Shibuya on air, it is selected in opening act of visiting Japan performance of the jug ring * sands and acquires the new fan.

What's the problem? The line-up looks great to me. They haven't announced their Canadian selections yet either.

As far as I'm concerned moe.down can do no wrong. As long as moe. plays!

I don't think that they've pursued any Canadian acts this year.

So if you have a contact, send it my way and I'll do what I can.

I'll see if we can get a mailing address for topper. I had it at one point a few months ago.

Saw frisell last night at the center here in Vancouver and thought 2 things about the opening act 'ZUBOT AND DAWSON' that relate to this thread...

1: 'after seeing kottke last year with gordon, this band sounds like it'd fit perfectly as the backing band for kottke...'

and

2: they should get zubot and dawson at moe.down.

Fantastically slick country inspired fusion.

too bad the show was seated and the frisell audience was strange. a total dancer.