Jambands.ca

Star sightings in T.O. this summer

Cully

Last night I went over to a buddies condo for dinner (Blue Jays Way and Front) and ran into the lead singer of Coldplay (I don't know his name) chillin outside of a swank restaurant smoking a butt. He seemed like a cool guy, and although I don't really like his music, it was really nice to meet someone that is a big star who isn't a dick. Just wondering if anyone has seen/met any big stars in town this summmer?

It's Chris Martin I believe. So what did you say 'hey guy who's in Coldplay whose name I don't know, I'm not really a fan of your music but nice to meet you anyways and glad you're not a dink' something to that effect.

My mom saw Eva Longoria from Desperate Housewives in Yorkville wearing short shorts. She just thought some skank was walking in front of her until someone came up for an autograph.

I saw all four members of the Rolling Stones, though it wasn't too much of a surprise as I was waiting for them to get to their rehearsal space.

Boy, I will never do that again! I spent three plus hours in the sun to see Keith, Mick, Charlie and Ronnie walk out of their cars and into the building. They sometimes sign things but it is rare and it didn't happen on the day I was there.

I didn't bother taking any pictures as I suck at photography and I have a bunch of books where professional photographers had taken pictures of the Stones.

Speaking of pictures there were so many paparazzi there as well as autograph hounds(sellers) that on couple days at the rehearsal space the cops have been called in to break up fights or stop paparazzi or crazed fans from following the Stones to wherever they call home while they practice in Toronto.

I hope to get into the reheasal gig, but I don't think I would wait outside of their rehearsal space again.

Tim

Ronnie and Keef like to hang out at some of the pubs at Yonge & Eglinton/Davisville. On a lucky night, you may run into one of them.

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm kind of done with all of that stuff as it's too much of a hassle.

Maybe in my younger days I would have been more into it. Personally I would love it if I got to talk to Keith even if for just a minute or two, but the likelihood of that happening is slim to none.

Tim

Edited by Guest

I guess they're rehearsing at the Greenwood school at Davisville and Mt. Pleasant then. Just about five minutes from my families house. As I figure it Michael Cohl worked that out with the Latimers who own Greenwood and also Camp Kilcoo which his son Jacob went to (he was in my brother's cabin). I guess the kid's a bit of a fuck up, which is no surprise, but as I say that I am sure that is what is said about me so hey no bigs.

Also two or three of the members are living in Rosedale houses so the choice of rehearsal space makes sense. On the last tour they were living on the Bridal Path so Crescent made a better bet at Bayview and Lawrence. The time before that at what was the Masonic temple I was walking home from work in Yorkville around one or two at night and saw this throng of people and walked over just in time to see the boys emerging from practice. One of the paparazzos handed me his video camera to film Keef while he snapped pics which seemed like a bit of a bone head move to me as I could've just taken off. There were a lot of wannabe paparazzos.

I remember the summer they were at Crescent School. I tried to get a look as I was helping my Mom at Sunnybrook where she worked at the time.

Didn't they rehearse at the docks a couple of years ago too? Maybe I'm confusing a rehearsal with an impromptu small show.

I saw Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie) shooting a film or TV near my work (pretty hard to miss a beut like that), I also saw Keifer Sutherland about 2 weeks ago. He was outside my building having a smoke (probably between doing voice-overs for Ford which I think are done in our building). He is much smaller than he looks on 24.

I went to Kilcoo.

Not quite a billionaire.

Never met any celebrities there.

My bddy saw 50 cent recently shoooting a commercial. Some kid kept trying to get him to sign a tennis ball. 50 eventually turned around a nd yelled "No!" at the kid. My friend laughed and 50 laughed with him.

I went for 3, I was a tyke (11 - 14) so I don't remember much other than the faux-indian fire dancing ceremony (torches made from coffee cans and kerosene-infused toilet rolls) and endless games of capture the flag.

Do you still get birthday cards from them?

Haha, good old Jack Pearse. Yeah, I still get those.

I think I went from about 7 years old to 14 or so... Maybe we were in the same cabin, hehehe.

I was mostly the middle session of the summer, gotta love the Ray Marinko relay :)

AD

I didn't go to Kilcoo my brother did I was a Hurontario man as was Weirdness.

And Alexis I think I know what you mean by this

one of those counsellors helped my best friend at the time progress in his gayness quite a bit...

but just to be clear it doesn't quite come out right.

i'm writing so much right now that when it's not anything serious i'm not thinking grammar and structure, and don't bother to even look things over before i click "add post"

but what the hey, i always loved playing "how to phrase this sentence"....so, how would you have done it?

oh and while i have you - do ya feel like doing some editing?