Jambands.ca

favourite beer lately?

SolarGarlic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't someone please bring me a case of Camerons, Upper Canada or Creemore if they're passing by?

I'd like to see a "beer exchange program" set up between Ontario and the Maritimes: when someone's making a trip either way, they act as a mule, taking a couple of six packs (maybe two bottles of each of 3-6 brands) each way, with brands to be negotiated by the recipients (on a bottle-for-bottle, as opposed to money, exchange rate).

That Propeller Pale Ale looks good, as does the ESB.

Aloha,

Brad

Actually I really like Propeller's Honey Wheat. I'm not usually one for the honey brown type beer, but this is quite good, not too sweet.

I like your beer exchange idea and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Haha, schooner is the stuff you drink when you dont know any better..

Yeah I hear lots of comments like "that's my mom's beer" from the locals. I'm a lager drinker so my choices are limited, at least it's better than Alpine. haha

Dave-O, one of my favourite sayings used to be,

"Alpine is Fine, and 50 is Nifty, but I'd sooner have a Schooner".

Then again, as my old bandmates would love to rub in, my other saying was "a beer is a beer"....

(most of the time, I was referring to whatever shit-ale was being unloaded on us for our "rider"... but I also meant that I notice how all beers taste different, but usually like 'em all).

Magic Hat has a summer mix which always has a ???mystery?? beer in the case. Last year it was Batch 360 I think...a chocolate vanilla porter which blew my mind.

This year it is batch 370, and I do not know what it is cause I ain't been to Vt in awhile.

But at home it has to be Waterloo Dark.

In the 'good old dayz' each town had its own brewery. In the North/East section of the USA we are bringing back this idea. The brewery in my town (Victory) has a saying 'Drink better, drink less.'

Not that I have any experience on this subject but I would compare it to smoking 'pot'. From what I hear it is one thing to smoke 'regular' and a very different thing to smoke 'kind' bud.

The orgins of 'big' beer go back to the old world monks that could only have 2 beers (liters) per day.

I encourage you to understand beer styles and stay away from buttweizer. Try a dopplebock/doublebock.

Im in University and dont have much money so I stick to lakeport honey or if i have some extra cash, red cap.

Cheers,

Jake

in kitchener red cap is buck a beer at the brick brewery.....or is that waterloo? i can never remember which side of the line it's on.

oh yeah, and nothing is uglier than the bathroom of a vegan after a night of drinking lots of lucky. (yet i still persist)

my favourite beer lately.... EX. it rhymes with my name. :o

Edited by Guest