Jambands.ca

Now updated with review at the end: Ernest G Anastasio/ Leafs In Buffalo

scottieking

Wow, this is a polarizing topic. I'm surprise more Sens fans are on here slaggin.

As for the Trey show, I'm going in with this exact mindset.

1)No matter what, I've never enjoyed a TAB show (4 in total) more than I have enjoyed a Phish show.

2)That being said, I've never enjoyed any show more than a Phish show.

3) Venue and seating can be key. Who knows maybe being five rows away from Trey on acoustic will give me the same chills it did in Arn Arbor in 99? I hope so.

4) It will take a complete suck-fest for me not to like this show. One or two bad songs does not make a bad show so long as something got me going along the way.

5) I still hate the new album. I don't expect that to change.

6) That being said, often live shows open up a songs door to me and I don't hate the song anymore (see Scents and Subtle Sounds for details)

7)My relationship to Trey and to the Leafs bare a scary resemblance when it comes to loyality.

I dunno. I just hope all is forgiven by the haters when Trey comes through on his not yet started Magnum Opus, to be finished shortly after he works through his adult-lesence. I can't shake the feeling he'll do something great again.

3) Venue and seating can be key. Who knows maybe being five rows away from Trey on acoustic will give me the same chills it did in Arn Arbor in 99? I hope so.

Well, I hope for you it does.I would really love to check Trey out acoustic, not a fan of the new album, but unlike yourself enjoyed TAB alot more then Phish.

That is one of the nicest venues I have ever seen a show in (Phil in 01).

Totally amazing Scott, and I know you will appreciate it.

I forgot you were at Ann Arbor 99, before I knew you! I had front row with Mike Comello so I know about that feeling. Remember Guyute!!!!?

I am hitting Trey on Saturday in Lewiston, and have less reservations than the rest. Of course I have no problem with Trey, TAB or 70VP. Its lonely at the top Trey, just ask Martha.

I saw Boston this summer and it rocked. No total hose jamming, but Trey Tony and Ray can have my attention for 2-3 hours any day and place.

This is similar to threads on the Slip board, if you don't like it, thats ok, but others might for a variety of reasons- shut up and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. I love the fact that the naysayers have jumped off of the bandwagon, it means I get intimate shows in gynasiums with one of my favs.

Sean

ps No flames please, I know how the Trey haters feel, you are all very vocal.