Jambands.ca

Anyone go to Subway?

Dr. J

As problems in life go, this is not a huge one.... but there's not alot of choice for fast food in my town, so often I end up at Subway, but every time I go it's busy and they're in a rush to get people thru and it seems everyone knows exactly what they want....except me. But once I get in that line, I don't have time to figure it out. Whole wheat? honey oat? hot? cold? swiss? regular? this? that? any sauce? So for years I've gone and all I've ever ordered was a Subway Club. Every time I go I tell myself I'm going to try something different, but every time I get in that line up, I panic and order a Subway Club :crazy: So what do people recommend? Maybe if I knew ahead of time, I could actually try something different.

I go occasionally (there's one across from the office, and if I need a quick dinner, it works really well). As far as toppings go, I get lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, hot peppers, and black pepper.

As for bottomings, it'll vary, but anything with chicken (e.g., the teriyaki, or southwest) is good, as is turkey (with cheese), or even just cheese. Actually, that might be a good way to start: just get a veggie & cheese, and lay on the toppings you want. Do this several times, with several variations, until you find what you like (and don't like).

As for bread, I usually stick with straight whole wheat.

Aloha,

Brad

My recommendation is to fix yourself a sandwich for lunch.

My last two or three experiences at Subway have been horrible. Hello, asspiss.

I avoid it these days.

Also, I have a real problem at getting "fast food" - a sandwich and a drink, and shelling out $11 for it.

My recommendation is to fix yourself a sandwich for lunch.

My last two or three experiences at Subway have been horrible. Hello, asspiss.

I avoid it these days.

Also, I have a real problem at getting "fast food" - a sandwich and a drink, and shelling out $11 for it.

marco, you're awesome.

not just that but your "sub artist" is probably underpaid and may have a relaxed attitude toward hygiene.

never mind their atomic toaster. my last subway experience (i should add only because it was nearly 11pm and they were the only option in the area) was a "toasted" BLT. the guy told me that they toast subs (and cook the bacon...eeeh....) in a high speed high temperature toaster. damn crunchy edge bits cut my mouth up pretty bad :(

find a small independent place. you're more likely to get real food that hasn't been flash-cooked, and the person doing the work might actually be the owner...quiznos, subway, and many of their competition are giant US franchise outfits.

from http://www.subway.com

It is the world’s largest submarine sandwich chain with more than 21,000 restaurants in 75 countries. As a matter of fact, the SUBWAY® chain operates more units in the US and Canada than McDonald’s® does.

...or take a sandwich from home. that's good too.

Edited by Guest
further outrage

Thanks for the suggestions folks. Don't go that often, just seemed whenever I did I got the same old thing. Now I have some choices.

Actually I have a tough time in restaurants period. No matter what I order, I always wish I'd ordered something else, and no matter what I order I always think what everyone around me has looks better than what I have. Some sort of dining insecurity I guess :P Should just take Marco's advice and make a sandwich.

maybe you should just go to Thomasino's Homemade Pizza instead

haha good call Davey. How is that you're familiar with a fine culinary establishment like Thomasino's?

I know what you're saying, Dr. J. All I ever used to get was the club. This was before the big boom in choices a few years back though.

I enjoy the southwest chicken and the subway club best.

That said, I've been doing very well staying away from it. Kind of difficult when there are about 6 guys in the office I work in who go about 3 times a week. They're crazy for it!

However, last Oct my Subway view drastically changed. It had been about 5 months since I'd been so I decided to 'treat' myself. I got a subway club (turkey, ham, bacon) I got double meat. I got swiss cheese (dobuled that up too..) No toppings excpet for lots of lettuce and a small line of mayo.. I think it cost about $35.

Anyways, my boss was in line in front of me and he was using Interac but it wasn't working. 5 minutes later he FINALLY accepted my offer to lend him some money (the place was packed - it was a subway jammed in the corner of a Mac's) We got back to the office and my super dooper toasted sub on fancy bread was a sloppy mess! Grossest thing ever. I don't think I will ever go back to Subway.

If you wnat to stop eating at subway, get that piece of shit I bought and let it sit in its own toasty warmth for about 15 minutes and then eat it. You won't go back.