Jambands.ca

Tonight in Ottawa - The Slip!

bouche

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
Hurry up and jump on a plane Low Roller!

I tried to jump on a plane, but I was wrestled to the ground by security. It doesn't help that I was unintelligibly mumbling "IlovetheSlip!IlovetheSlip!" which, when heard by untrained ears, sounds a lot like "Allah selip! Allah selip!!" which is a bad thing to be heard saying around planes.

Have fun tonight kids.

jam >

Soft Machine

Get Me With Fuji

Wine And White Soda

Postbox 216

Happy Birthday, Magaly >

Poor Boy >

vamp >

You Don't Have To Say You're Sorry 'til You're Gone

Sometimes True To Nothing

call for encore

Even Rats

Roller, when are back in Ottawa? I need to cram a copy of this show down your throat.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
Correct "Birthday" title.

"Happy Birthday banter" was actually "Happy Birthday, Magaly"

Indeed it was!

Tonight was pure magic. Dan Bern, Dickie Betts, Sisters Brother and THE SLIP! I mean life don't get better than that. At least Ottawa doesn't. ;)

Thanks to the six best guys in the world, Brad, Andrew and Marc for making such perfect music and Mike, Randy and Oliver for helping them get here!

I will smile for days. :)

Guest Low Roller
Roller, when are back in Ottawa? I need to cram a copy of this show down your throat.

I am back in Ottawa for the first two weeks of August!

I am finally back in Ottawa now. I thinkk.kuh.

Mike, Ollie and Randy?

Balls like a moose.........amazing job boys. I tip my hat once again. Hell, I think my favorite moment was seeing Ollie dance tonight! Cant say I have ever seen anything like this before, but during the Even Rats encore, he was headbanging ala Trey during a kick-ass Down With Disease.

I got horny as hell.

rock'n'roll Slip tonight, go figure

Oh yeah, Dickey Betts. Hotdamn if that didnt burn your pubes. I hadnt seen him play in about 12 years, but he can still fuggin' play. Anyways, I somehow got let into the photog pit for "1 minute only" with my shite camera and nailed two great shots. Guigsy will be proud. I did it all for you, babe!

Great show, tip of the hat for putting it on and nice to meet a few folks.

I love all three of those guys equally but if Andrew keeps drumming like that I'm probably going to combust. I've never heard anything like it and it's unlikely I ever will.

Mavericks itself deserves some thanks and praise, especially for letting the show go so much later than you'd expect it to.

bouche/ollie/Randy, what did you think of (the size of) the crowd? It was bigger (and more enthusiastic) than I had expected, and I hope this means Ottawa will be graced with another Slip show once the tour commences.

Aloha,

Brad

awesome, awesome, awesome good times....sooooo tired now.

I think friendly junior was dancing too. :)

...oh and thanks to the organizers and all the friendly faces....good mojo was definately the vibage...nIce. :)

...and oh, oh...and Blane super good to see ya in from outa town! I think its been a year! sorry I forgot to say byes.

Edited by Guest

I wanted to wake up and find out that it was Wednesday again! Imagine a "groundhog day" like that! Leaving Dickey Betts with a glow and hopping in a cab to go see Sister Brother and The Slip was quite a feeling. I felt like a giddy little school girl!

Thanks boys...that was fun! I'm not sure when I'll stop sighing with this high feeling of pure, raw satisfaction. :grin:

Thanks to everyone for coming out to the show and sharing in this amazing experience. I had a great time and am already starting to think about having them back again. Thanks to Mavericks for being such good hosts and thanks to Mike and Ollie for getting this done with me. Having the Slip in Ottawa has been a dream of ours for a while now, so it was nice to finally make it happen. I think it's safe to say that this definitely won't be the last jambands.ca/barcode records collaboration.

I was very happy with the turnout and couldn't really ask for anything more... well, ok, maybe 12 more people, but hey, for a Wednesday night, I was blown away by the crowd (and their enthusiasm).

And I would definitely agree that Andrew is starting to steal the show more and more every time we see them. It's a special treat to see a band with such a well-rounded line-up, where everyone can take their turn to shine, or beat us into submission by shining all at once.

Still slipping,

Randy

oh my head. Got home at 8:30am, but I think Mark and his wife are hurting FARRR worse. We pulled into dorval at about 5am and they were back on the road to work at 7. Super-troopers!

Thanks for all the good times folks! Hope we can do it again soon.