Jambands.ca

Bashing in Las Vegas - my BLOG and more!!

Basher

Blog Update:

Dinner Break: Day 1

So we are chilling in the room about an hour ago and decided to check the chip counts. Low and behold, Norm MacDonald (yes, THAT Norm MacDonald) is the chip leader with $48,000. After talking about it for a few minutes, I told my Zen Jedi Master that Norm would be eliminated on day 1. Seeing as this is Las Vegas, we made it a bet - a whopping $5.

So my friends head out, I head down to play some roulette, and Norm MacDonald comes strolling by. I say, "Mr. MacDonald, from a fellow Canadian I was very impressed with your stack size tonight". Norm replies, "Well, it's all gone now". I offer condolences, shake his hand, and he wishes me luck.

Come back to the room and check Card Player Magazine's live update site, and this is what I see:

Fri Jul 28 18:34:00 PDT 2006

Norm MacDonald Eliminated

In a rollercoaster-like hour, Norm MacDonald went from winning a large pot making him chip leader, to taking a huge hit at the hands of current leader, Mark Vos. Norm raised all in on a flop of QJ9, and is called by an opponent with the A10. The turn card is MacDonald's worst nightmare, the K, giving his opponent the broadway straight. MacDonald will need an ace on the river to spilt. It does not come, however, and he is eliminated within an hour of being the chip leader.