Jambands.ca

lock your doors

Pablo Sanchez

So last night at about 3:30am Lara woke me up and said that there was someone in the house. I jumped out of bed headed down the stairs and yelled out hello half expecting to hear nothing... thinking perhaps the dog was causing this, only to be responded to by an obviously intoxicated woman who was "looking for Dave". I had never seen this person in my life and I was obviously shaken at this point. I told her that I was Dave and asked her what the hell she was doing in my house. She responded that I wasn't Dave and continued to ask where Dave was.

Before we moved in there was some shady character living in our house and I assume it must have been him she was looking for. Anyways... she was not happy.. obviously this Dave had done her wrong...but WTF woman, you just walk into someone's house at 3:30 in the morning loaded and asking questions... Like I have no fucking idea where Dave is... please get out of my house!!

Anyways... it was actually quite frightning. I guess its a good wake up call (literally) to make sure the doors are locked. This is also on a very very quiet little street in a nice part of westboro, so I would have never expected something like this to happen.

Lock your doors!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed locking the front door one night - ONE NIGHT - about a year and a half ago, and woke up in the morning missing three guitars, my roommate's very expensive mountain bike, and a bunch of other shit.

It's fucked up to think that some low-life was walking around trying doors and got lucky. My door is always locked since then.

(Didn't stop the burglers from climbing in the window at my new house...oh, Hamilton).

Osgoode's pretty unlock-friendly (so far; no llamas have yet broken in, but you never know, ornery bastards that they are). We used to have the occasional sketchbag wandering around, and once in a while, in our place in Toronto. The worst, though, was a campaigning MPP (sorry, Hux, but he was a Liberal ;) ), who walked straight into our living room without knocking, with a clipboard and a handful of pamphlets. He seemed to think that the place was still a store (which it once was), and not our home.

It was scary. I stood, holding Aslan, trying to think where to hide or how to escape...

I never used to be scared when we lived in Carp. But I started watching tv again and living in the city and now I'm scared at night. And the wierd thing is that just yesterday we were talking about how we have to lock the doors.

Locking the doors is the obvious lesson. But as importantly, we should have a phone upstairs. I wouldn't have been able to escape had the intruder been someone else unless I'd jumped out a window, with Aslan. A phone would have meant the cops had been called while Dave dealt with her.

My scariest thought is that had I not woken up, I may have woken to her standing drunken at the end of the bed looking for 'dave.'

The house stank after she left.

It's fucked up to think that some low-life was walking around trying doors and got lucky. My door is always locked since then.

Yup, they go for the EASY in. Just like walking down a street trying every door on every car. Why bother breaking a window if the doors not locked???? Don't ever leave anything visable on the seats of your car (no matter how cheap you think it is) robbers don't know if your sunglasses are knockoff's or that there's no computer in yer laptop bag, etc.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)