lock your doors

Pablo Sanchez

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

geesus you guys!

weird enough for ya?

You may live in Westbra but Hintencrack is just round the bend...my bud who lives a street over has some stories...

okay from your paranoid pal...phone upstairs

FIRE LADDER upstairs plus a well planned route of exscape from all locations....YOU GUYS!!!!! :P

p.s. I miss my carp neighbors.

Edited by Guest

Crazy shit Dave. Glad it all went off without any serious issue.

I have a black lab here that barks a storm when the door even opens, so I don't worry much about it. Although the door still gets locked at night.

I also keep these in a convenient location - which I have used on an intruder in the past. Swift, direct & devastating.

250px-Brass_knuckles.jpg

Heinikens?? I'm surprised ... she sounded like she may have been a Laker or Wildcat kinda gal .

Guess you can be thankful she didn't puke in your place!

Glad you're all safe ... unnerving stuff.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

ps - WHOA ... This is my "420" post !!!!!! ding ding ding ... time to celebrate (too bad i'm at work)

Edited by Guest

Osgoode's pretty unlock-friendly (so far; no llamas have yet broken in, but you never know, ornery bastards that they are). We used to have the occasional sketchbag wandering around, and once in a while, in our place in Toronto. The worst, though, was a campaigning MPP (sorry, Hux, but he was a Liberal ;) ), who walked straight into our living room without knocking, with a clipboard and a handful of pamphlets. He seemed to think that the place was still a store (which it once was), and not our home.

Don't think being in a small community will save you from intruders. I lived in a town of 1800 people and a man came into our house at 9:00 am with a sawed-off-shotgun.

Dave and Lara, I'm glad you guys are ok. And I'm glad nothing is missing. My first instinct would have been that she was the distraction while someone else was robbing the place. I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Edited by Guest

Hmmmmm, that really sucks dave. We're thinking about movin into westboro once we can ditch the apartment (Steph and Rob and Jess (our new roomate) and I).

The crazy thing is that since about 97 I've only lived in two houses for which I even had keys. The door was never locked. I even lived in one place where we'd take off for christmas and stuff and not really lock the door (we'd lock it but the key was hanging on a hook right behind the door if someone wanted in).

Well, the doors get locked now so I guess it's all good but I've always had this nice little fantasy about a place to live where no one needs to lock the doors and everyone gets along, etc, etc, hippy dream...

Don't think being in a small community will save you from intruders. I lived in a town of 1800 people and a man came into our house at 9:00 am with a sawed-off-shotgun.

Point taken. There is the ennui factor, too (aside from the raving gun-nut factor). CBC Ottawa just had a bit on the other day about how teenagers were complaining down in Kemptville about how there was nothing to do but a) hang out at the grocery store, or B) get piss-drunk all the time (not that often that you hear that come up as a complaint, really). The (B) option can dovetail into all manner of stupidity; our neighbours did advise us to keep our garage door closed through the summer, at least, with that in mind.

For real?

Well' date=' when a meth-freak kicks your door in (thinking it was someone elses place) with a tire iron his hand and you have a girlfriend & her 2 year old staying over, calling the cops is an after thought.[/quote']

I told you I needed some help with my car!! For chirst sakes man, I would've shared the meth!

a) hang out at the grocery store, or B) get piss-drunk all the time (not that often that you hear that come up as a complaint, really).

Sounds like my hometown but swap grocery store with Tim Hortons's.

Another thing is that in this small town (population 1600 while I was growing up) we lived outside in the country with a provincial park for a backyard. One day we got home to find that there were Jehova's Witness pamphlets on the bench in the front entryway. That's about 15' into the house which means they came right in and put them there (we started locking the doors after that, curse them). So there's that type of break in as well.

wow scary shit, i live in a small suburb, and i check all my dog before going to bed, turn on my alarm, and have a big boxer laying beside my bed, and if that doesn't work if have a few more surprises, and i've never even seen any sketch bag around my area, aside for a drunk 15 year old or 2.

but seriously, you can get an alarm installed for cheep i think i payed 500 installed including 1 year of monitoring by the police, and not a alarm company, it has a setting where i can just push a button at night and it only turns on the sensors on the doors, so i can walk around with out setting it off, also I have a little button they put behind my bead that goes straight to the police. they even hooked up my smoke detectors to the fire department for free.

you can get alarms installed and the system for free easily, if you agree to pay to monitoring, there are ads on tv all the time.

DISCLAIMER :::I DO NOT ENDORSE NOT LOCKING YOUR DOORS:::

I certainly locked my doors when I lived in Ontario, and would have appreciated a reminder to do so when I was there, especially after this story.

However, not only do I not lock my doors at night, I leave my keys in my van overnight. One of the perks of living in such a small place, and it allows to me to live out a saying I am very fond of, "it is better to be occasionally cheated than perpetually suspicious". I wouldn't be saying that if I woke up one morning and my bass or my computer were gone!

Just now I popped the trunk to finally unload my gear after a jam the other night and my heart skipped a beat when I saw my guitar wasn't there; turned out I had taken it out that night, but was too tired to let that fact lodge in any of my levels of memory. My list of things that I'd implode over if they were stolen isn't long, but the music gear is certainly at the top of it.

As the old Arab expression goes, trust in Allah but tie your camel.

DISCLAIMER :::I DO NOT ENDORSE NOT LOCKING YOUR DOORS:::

I certainly locked my doors when I lived in Ontario, and would have appreciated a reminder to do so when I was there, especially after this story.

However, not only do I not lock my doors at night, I leave my keys in my van overnight. One of the perks of living in such a small place, and it allows to me to live out a saying I am very fond of, "it is better to be occasionally cheated than perpetually suspicious". I wouldn't be saying that if I woke up one morning and my bass or my computer were gone!