Jambands.ca

guess who i just met!

KarinGarage

I'm a bartender and i had the pleasure of taking care of John Bell and JoJo hermann of widespread panic! they were staying at the hotel just down the road from my work.

it was funny because at first i didn't recognize them, but thought they looked familiar, so i'm asking them where they're from and if they're in town on business and so forth, and then it clicked. needless to say, i flipped.

it was very cool to get a chance to talk about music, the tour so far, and jimmy herring playing with them an all. they are very nice guys.

anyways, just thought i'd share that with everyone!

I'll never forget the morning after moe. in Troy, NY (I think that's where it was? halloween '02)...

we're in the hotel, back and forth from the room to the car packing up, and jaybone comes strolling down the hall chatting up a storm with some guy...

::meet at the elevators::

Jaybone: "Hey guys. Have you met my friend, Chuck?"

With sunglasses tight over his eyes, and voice raspy, Chuck mustered, "Hey."

edit to add...the story doesn't seem so exciting, but being there was freakin' hilarious! what a moment

Edited by Guest

Well I guess I will brag a little here. My wife and I met Dave Schools way back in Dec 99 in the Atlanta airport. We got on the tram to go back to the main terminal and Dave got on the train. Talked a little bit at the time about them not playing Canada and a few other things. He was a genuine nice guy.

Going back a little bit more when the Furthur Festival ventured to TO we were vending inside Molson Amphtitheatre and when my wife went back to the car at one point she bumbed into Mickey Hart and shot the shit with him about a few things. The stranger thing was later that night when we were crossing the border heading to Hershey who is standing in line in front of us at the Fort Erie Duty Free. Bob Weir. It was late and he was buying himself a bottle of Crown Royal. We shared a few words and he wished us well on our drive down to Hershey.

Later that same summer I had the pleasure of meeting Ziggy Marley talking to him and shaking his hand. This was while we were working at the CNE. That same stretch we got Ken Kesey's autograph whil the Furthur bus was on display at the CNE.

Going way back when I was 16 I was wondering down Kings Rd in London England. I came out of a store and walked straight into Rick Okasek. Don;t know how I didn't see him coming he must be 6'5". Anyhow those are our brushes with ROck Royalty.

Mike Gordon once drove his golfcart by me.

Mike Gordon stepped on my foot and apologized when Phish played the Concert Hall in August of '93. I was wearing sandles, so it kind of hurt - the stepping, not the apology.

Iggy Pop also stepped on my foot during a Medeski Martin & Wood show at the Guvernment. He also politely apologized. He was playing next door at the Warehouse later that night, and I think he was touring whatever album it was where MMW played on a few of the tracks. Iggy Pop is a *really* small dude.

Celebrities seem to enjoy stepping on my feet. I'm not sure why.