Jambands.ca

sudden death of our friend Marcel ...

mark tonin

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry I couldn't post earlier. I am unbelieveably shocked by this news.

Marcel was the kind of person that you just instantly cared for. The first time we met it felt like we'd known each other forever (that happened with most of the mice actually). Seeing him on rare occasions after that was always such a wonderful experience.

To those who loved him, I offer my condolences and wish you the strength that is needed to get through times like this.

Rest in peace Marcel. So very sad. :(

a wonderful soul indeed... Marcel always seemed to be living fully, happy and interested in all around him

I've seen a lot of shows lately concerning the end of life and how it is perceived around the world... been moved by the accepted philosophies of Asia and Tibet where the passing of life is not looked at as a sad ending but rather as a beautiful part of life leading to greater plateaus of existence

fare thee well brother, thank you for your smiles

and be well my friends

I'm so sorry for your loss and the extended "family" loss.

A good friend of mine passed suddenly about a year and a half ago - 35 years old - there is and will be nothing fair or logical about these events.

All I can offer is that these folks are never really gone, they exist in the music, the laughter, the memories, the pictures you will run across in the years to come.

Sometimes when I am walking down the street, I swear that I catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye - it always turns out to be a person who looks kind of like him. The pain will fade in time, the understanding will never be clear.

I have met you Mark and others on this board, you are beautiful people who deserve to live life - your friend would want you to live in the now, remember him, think of him when you play, and dance.

My thoughts and heart go to you in this horrible time.

Be Well.

Jon

I can't believe this news. I guess all I can say is, I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to have shared the stage with this man. What a guy! I only met him a few times, but he was so much fun to be around. I wept upon hearing the news of his passing. I know all of us in Rose Garland thought the world of him. Our prayers are with all who will miss him. Give Joanie a big hug for us please.

I wish you well on your journey Chairmouse.

Edited by Guest

MARCEL PETER LLOYD GUDERIAN 1966 - 2006 Died suddenly and unexpectedly at his parents home, on Wednesday, December 13, 2006, while visiting his family and many music making friends. Marcel had recently celebrated his 40th birthday with his parents and friends in B.C. Cherished son of Walter and Evelyn. Dear brother of Angie and her husband David Holloway, and Doug and his wife Karen Guderian. Beloved uncle of Rachel and Daley Holloway, Bianca, Sierra, Amber, and Marina Guderian. He was also the dear master of his lovely dog Mia. Having been born and raised in Waterloo and going to high school at Bluevale Collegiate Institute and Guelph University, he went on to work for Delta Elevator Company Limited. More recently he had been building his dream home on his beloved mountain in the Slocan Valley of B.C. Friends are invited to share their memories of Marcel with his family during a memorial service at the Erb & Good Family Funeral Home, 171 King Street South, Waterloo on Monday, December 18, 2006 at 1:30 p.m. in the funeral home chapel. Cremation has taken place. Reception will follow in the Fireside Reception Room. In lieu of flowers, expressions of sympathy may be made to the Cardiac Fitness Association and can be arranged through the funeral home, 519-745-8445 or www.erbgood.com In living memory of Marcel, a tree will be planted through the Trees for Learning Program by the funeral home.

mike, jennifer and i had a huge and much needed laugh reading your story about the chair :) you and sharon were so good to all of us that weekend, i will never forget that. and marcel and his giant truck did indeed split for th e west the following day...that was such a good time.

February 5-05 was the day of the show...if you have any pictures from that date, please post them.

Thanks for the date! I was able to track down the folder of images I was thinking of.

Here are 2 images that make me smile. I hope they do the same for you guys.