Jambands.ca

Things to do when you're not drinking

NewRider

Nice work Aaron...lemme know how that sober thing works out as I too am beginning to try new things sans liquor I already haven't smoked in 8 days that is something

WAY TO FUCKING GO NAT!!! Seriously, that is AWESOME! The sobreity thing is rough for me. I have a temper now that I never used to have. Luckily everyone seems to be taking it all in stride and no one has got hurt yet. There's moments when I love it and a LOT of moments of doubt and anger. As long as there are conservation areas, glow-in-the-dark mini putt and lawn bowling I know I'll be good!

make sure you go back to Mountsberg and Crawford at sugaring-off time (if the weather freakin' smartens up and does what it's supposed to, that is)

At Mountsberg you can watch bald eagles rip the juicy entrails outta fresh fluffy baby chicks (dead) at feedling time. FUN! They also have some cool & beautiful owls in their sanctuary, too

At Crawford, they do maple syrup as the natives did....putting hot rocks from a fire into a pit full of sap. tres cool!

as far as the area you're in, that's all I can think of for attractions. Unless you need new leather pants. Then it's worth the drive to Acton :P

I'm not trying to sound like an idiot (that just comes natural) but lately I have found great reward in spending a little time being thankful for what I have been given. LOL

You've been sounding great lately. A lot more comprehensible, and a lot more upbeat. Congrats on that six month chip!

watch for public meetings and seminars etc... sober mind likes to think... here in Hamilton at the Sky Dragon center they have gatherings all week... most library's have gatherings ranging from touring authors talking about their writing/life experience to workshops on how to write fiction, save energy, be more involved in the politics that effect you, etc

take an online course in something... lots of schools and free books out there

check out some art galleries/museums too... a friend of mine just sent me a note letting me know she'll be doing a reading of her work at the Royal Ontario Museum

do exercising things... pick up some swank duds