Jambands.ca

Hux needs some good vibes......

MarcO

This'll make you feel better...

When I was 16 I was held up at gunpoint and my car was stolen. I was taken out of my car and put in another car that these guys had been trying to steal before I pulled up (i.e. a jacked ignition..easier taking keys from a person). They had trouble STARTING my FUEL-INJECTED COROLLA, presumably because they flooded the engine. Finally they took off. Got the car back a couple of days later with a few cigarette burns and some McDonald's waste inside. Turns out they used it for a bank robbery and then ditched it in the T-Dot Ghettos in Rexdale. They were never caught...on the upside my car became a thug4life.

Thanks everybody [smile] ....I've done all the usual stuff, police, insurance, visa, etc....

"had a van stolen bout a month ago, reported it to the cops and they found it about 2 days later across town in a parking lot"

....I've also been biking around looking, hoping for something like the above....probably futile, but at least I feel like I'm doing something -instead of doing bowls on the couch.

We went out for some yummies for lunch at the Golden Turtle. As soon as I left the building my eyes were checking out every parking lot, side-street, back alley...

Ms.Hux said that their family vehicle was taken years ago, and it was her mother that found it. Let's find this thing!

..just keep an eye out! my eyes are peeled for anything bright teal....

-

Lic: AHXN 320

The impression I'm getting from the police etc., is that usually thieves will run them till the tank is empty then ditch them, where in a few days someone will notice an abandoned vehicle and call it in....so there's hope!! Thanks for the advice and concern everybody.

GEOFF!!! So sorry to hear this news! I soooo know how you feel...... When my Jimmy was robbed last year ($3500.00 worth of stuff) - I threw up - I was the same as you....running around Sauble Beach trying to find all my cds, clothes, dirtbike gear - everything I had worked so hard for.....also our family house was robbed when I was 15 -- again all my stuff stolen - that time it was the irreplaceable things -- I know it hurts but from experience you just have to tell yourself...material things, material things --

I am putting all my good vibes out there for your jeep to come back to you, with your guitar and wallet! Hang in there!

BIG HUG!

Lisa Marie

Dude.

I'm so sorry.

All my vibes are yours while you need 'em.

The only advice I can give you is that despite the fact that car insurance doesn't cover contents of the car, that aren't always there, if you have some sort of renters/homeowners insurance they'll cover anything that belongs in your home no matter where it is. (just don't claim to be using it for money---they get testy about that)

Again my vibes are travelling northeast as we speak.

Jef

Shitty Deal buddy. Glad to hear you're being proactive about it. When I got my house robbed 3 times in a month, I never did anything about it other than call the cops and I've regretted it ever since. Just wish I coulda made a citizens arrest. Good luck with the hunt. As a side note, why not combine the bowls and the biking. Usually adds another element of fun to the ride.

OH NO!!!!

Wow, that's a piss-off. You sure you didn't just forget it somewhere? [Wink]

((((((((((((({{{{{{{{{{{{{[[[[[[[[[[[[VIBES}}}}}}}}]]]]]]]]]]]]]))))))))))))))

I am always paranoid about leaving my guitar in my car. I'd cry if someone stole my baby. I'll keep an eye out in Hamilton for you (just in case they make it this far).

....walked out of my apt. today and my week old Jeep was gone. gone. acoustic guitar in the trunk, and my wallet as well. [Frown][Frown][Frown]

what a shocker. oh well, send me some good vibes and maybe my baby will return!!!!

(worst monday ever!)

PS - if you see a teal Jeep Cherokee Sport driving around, lic. # AHXN 320 call 911!!

Dude! That friggin sucks, I'm sorry to hear about that. If I see your jeep, nevermind calling 911, I'm going to pull out the baseball bat I keep stuffed down my pants (the ladies dig it) and beat the living hell out of the asshole who took your ride. Then I'll play a Bobby tune on your acoustic while that jerk lies unconscious on the road. That's justice, baby.

((((((((((((Dr. Hux's Jeep))))))))))))))

We're assuming someone stole it. Anybody care to consider another explanation: that it ran away?

"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, collect on the insurance and buy a new one."

(All kidding aside: ((((((((((Dr. Hux & his Jeep))))))))))

Aloha,

Brad

Archived