Jambands.ca

Bluesfest Area Layout

AdamH

I'm pretty sure it's still 6 to get in free. I volunteered last year and tried for the backstage and stuff but ended up with the beer tent. It wasn't so bad but to tell the truth it would have been better to just pay the money. I had to miss too many shows.

yes and yes

you can buy weekend passes (there are two weekends), whole event passes (the two weekends and the week in between), or individual day passes. there are probably other ticket options, but those are the main ones.

doesn't it seem like the 2 main stages face each other directly?!? how is that not going to create sound problems? Hopefully they won't both be used at the same time

there were articles somewhere saying that they would alternate headliners on the facing stages to cut down on set-up tear down time. or so i think i heard. seems to make sense.

there were articles somewhere saying that they would alternate headliners on the facing stages to cut down on set-up tear down time. or so i think i heard. seems to make sense.

They did this at Osheaga and it worked well. It might also prevent some folks from camping out all day in their lawnchairs if there are acts on both stages that they want to see.

I'm buying an extra lawnchair to plant at the opposite stage while i'm siting down reading my paper at the stage where someone will no doubt try to block my view of the band i'm kinda trying to watch

Oh man, that is going to be hilarious. Hundreds of lawnchair people sitting and staring at an empty stage because they won't give up "their spot".

Does anybody else see a problem with the two main stages facing each other across a field? Remember the problem with sonic bleeding the first year at City Hall? This could result in some seriously bad-sounding shows.

way to read the thread