Jambands.ca

Garbage Pickin'

Fista

Hey y'all!

I'm trying to get people to go out in thier communities tomorrow and heave trash! My neighbourhood looks pretty awful since the snow melted, that and the University students seem to love throwing their waste around. I notice it everywhere though, so there is certainly work to be done wherever you are.

Enjoy 4-20 with your friends, your herbs and some good heady garbage! Nothing fancy, just some good garbage pickin' fun, helping out and doing what we can for the Earth.

P.S.-For those of you on Facebook, join our group Earth Patrol, dig it!

I think our gov. should put all the people that are sitting around not working, getting paid from our over taxed pay cheques, TO WORK, doing things like garbage picking.

But like our wimpy gov. would ever even THINK about doing such a thing... grrrrrrrrrr

Cain's going around and picking up garbage tomorrow.

I don't think the Earth hurts at all from garbage, all of the waste materials are straight from it, a part of it. I do think think it makes everything look crappy and it harms the life forms on the planet.

I don't even understand why people buy Tim Horton's at all...everybody thinks that the waste somehow vanishes after they throw it in the garbage can...your Tim Horton cup still creates garbage it just stays localized to a land fill site. The best possible solution for less garbage is to stop consuming so much unnecessary shit! Use cloth bags when grocery shopping, drink coffee at home, don't buy packaged anything, see how little waste you can have from your home every week, just stop consuming so much crap and the beings on Earth will appreciate a litter free home!

I totally agree with you Tricky, senseless consumerism is a real threat to the planet. But some people feel the need to buy 'stuff', regardless of what it is, to have bigger, better and more. We definetly need to watch our consumption, on all levels, whether it be a Tim Horton's coffee or a brand-new (insert material good here). We just had an awesome clothes swap last night, everybody got some great new digs and the rest is going to charity. Everyone can do their part, whether it be composting in the back yard or buying less. I chose to clean up my 'hood because when those people who litter see you going around picking up after them, it might actually make them think for one minute about the planet, plus it teaches the boy a good lesson (both Hal and Zane)!!

awesome attitude, tricky and katlady!!!

I've been itchin' to do a clothes swap here, too. O-Town gals....maybe we should plan something in a few weeks, once we've unpacked summer clothes and looked at what winter clothes to get rid of..???

I'm glad that schools and clubs mark Earth Day in some ways....frequently with neighbourhood clean-ups. We are actually just back from the village park where the kids in the "After-School" program tackled the garbage there...and tomorrow at school, the kids will be doing the same. In an ironic twist, the "sponsor" for these efforts is Tim Horton's!!! They provide gloves, bags and a handy little DISPOSABLE pin/button the kids wear for the day! hilarious!

I remember when CJ and I were traveling in India that they used to sell chai tea on the trains in these great little terracotta cups that people would chuck out the window when they were done with them; it was a nice full-circle sort of gesture, I thought. Then there were the trains where they'd opted for plastic cups, and people would do the same thing; the result, of course, was countryside littered with crap that would take forever to disappear. Welcome to modernity, humanity's greatest opportunity ever to shit in its own kitchen.

my wife did a clothing swap a few months ago, it went really well. its such a better idea than giving them to value village or somewhere where they will be resold for profit. if you do give away clothes, give them to the fire dept. where they wont be resold.

me and my wife are also trying to get our alley cleaned up, trying to organize the neighbourhood.

good luck to yall in your garbage pickin adventures. when i saw the post i was going to brag about how we have furnished our living room with all new rattan furniture all from the rich areas of burlington-oakville "big garbage" days. so far we have scored 2 of those round bowl chairs, a round loveseat, all rattan, 2 futons, which let us wash and restuff the mattress. it amazes us what people throw away, we saw a leather couch tossed