Jambands.ca

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR NEWRIDER!!

NewRider

As some of you know while I've been at home I've been receiving money from Ontario Works. A little over a month ago they sent me to a program called On Track. I call it Welfare School. It's been fun getting back into the habit of going somewhere everyday and especially the habit of learning again. Math, English, Computers and Life Skills is what I had to take and I really enjoyed it.

Today is my last day as I start my new job in Brantford next week. My only regret is that I never ordered a pizza to the classroom like Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

graduation.jpg

let me be the first to congratulate you brother!

and what a day to graduate eh?

congrats to ya!!!

i went thru a welly program too, helping hands, you go and cut the elderlies lawns, shovel their snow, all for a free pair of workboots and an extra 7.25 a day on your check lol

Just from spending that short amount of time with you the otherday, I can tell your life skills have greatly improved. Your parenting skills are definetely in tact also. The one woman you spoke so highly of that attends the class obviously has had a positive influence on you. She seems to have really broadened your horizons on what 'CHANGE' is really about. Be sure to keep all of those new found life skills dear to your heart. Most of all keep in mind that that you're getting out of the dangerous city of Milton just in time. With the influx of "outsiders" who knows what could happen at the local watering holes.

Congrats my friend.