Jambands.ca

The next person with a lawnchair...

Velvet

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William, it was a pleasure to meet you the other night at the bluesfest. Glad you made the trip to Ottawa.

Some of my friends heard the news report about no more lawn chair section at the bluesfest, and they took it to mean lawn chairs were no longer allowed at the bluesfest!

Like wise! I've had a blast meeting people... it's ALMOST got in the way of some quality music! But well worth it... going back through this thread, I've think I've met everyone on it personally now (except for ms. zimmy)... Still haven't seen Booche or Davey Boy at the fest yet though... how I long for them!

:P

just noticed the flyer is on the main page. thanks bouche and thanks to all who have helped distribute flyers! and those who have mentioned it in their various interviews!

velvet if you read this can you bring the ones i left at your place to the show tonight or tomorrow? thanks.

The lawnchair people have come up with a flyer of their own. A crusty curmudgeon handed this to me last night:

Welcome to another awesome Bluesfest! Let’s make it fun for everyone.

1. Enjoy music with other music lovers! We must share the space and show respect for the artists as well as other patrons by not interfering with the performance and other people. So get the hell out of our way so we can see the show!

2. If you are going to stand, please move to the rear of the venue. This will leave the pathways clear for paramedics and ease of movement for all festival goers.

3. A standing person takes up twice the vertical space as a person sitting in a lawnchair. Please think about how much space you are using!

4. When we arrive early to a festival and set up our chairs, we own the space between our eyeballs and the stage, or between our eyeballs and the video screen. If you stand in the way, you should expect to be yelled at and pelted with ice cubes. If you want a good view of the show, please arrive early and bring a chair. It’s not our fault that you’re not up at 6 a.m. to get ready for the show.

5. Performers may be more "engaged" when the audience is dancing, but we don't care. They're getting paid, aren't they? We want to be entertained. Performers should give 100% regardless of the audience is doing.

6. Lawn chairs and blankets can be easily folded up and carried, but we’re old and it’s too much work. Once we arrive and set up our chairs, we’ve settled in for the day. If you want to stand for the whole show, please be polite and move back.

7. There were meant to be separate sections for lawnchairs and standing this year, which was a great idea for all of us. The lawnchair section is at the front; the standing section to the rear.

8. Get the hell off my lawn!

5. Performers may be more "engaged" when the audience is dancing, but we don't care. They're getting paid, aren't they? We want to be entertained. Performers should give 100% regardless of the audience is doing.

that is ridiculous...that flyer would embarrass me into standing if I was a lawnchair person!