Jambands.ca

What do you drive?

Jared

I drive whatever my job dictates. Mostly I drive F150's. When I hauled two motorcycles from Montreal to Brantford I only spent about $150 on gas, even though I had close to 2000lbs in the back once you add together the bikes and the ramp. I've done this drive a few times now and I can vouch for the fact that Fords are consistent and reliable vehicles. This one is an '01 extended cab, long box, a very big fucking truck. It has 227 000 miles (not kilometers) and it runs fantastic. I'm thoroughly impressed by the Ford trucks. Proper driving and regular maintenance definitely help.

Somehow the thought of you driving around big-assed pick-up trucks makes you even sexier.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a Spedometor that goes to 260km/h (love those Germans ;) ) and I've had it up to 220km on an empty decending into Ottawa stretch of the 416 on a nice clear and calm Tuesday afternoon not so long ago!

sad to say it but Will has the speed record in my car as well. which was 170 km/h' date=' for pretty much all of New Brunswick after an Evolve a couple or more years ago. and sure enough on the same trip i get a ticket for going 118 km/h.

[/quote']

Hehe... speeding is a skill my friend. You have to know when to hold em', know when to fold em', know when to walk away... and know when to speed.

we drive 02 civic. fack the hummers

Jared, when did you start needing leg room?

haha! QOTW

my uncle converted his suburban to run on water. the plans are on the internet, im not sure if these are the ones he has used but there is a set of them HERE

says he talked to a guy who drove coast to coast on 8L of h2o. he captured and recycled all the condensed water to come out of the tailpipe as well.

amazing stuff, the first 2 or 3 folks to come up with a full line to produce these have been killed. now the plans are free on the web

This is simply an efficient way to convert ordinary tap water into gaseous hydrogen and oxygen, and then burn these vapors in the engine, instead of gasoline.

This "minisystem" runs easily from your existing battery and electrical system, and it plugs into your carburetor with simple off-the-shelf fittings.

You will be installing a plastic water tank, a control circuit, a reaction chamber, a hi-pressure carb/FI fitting, and 3 gauges, and then hooking into your existing carb/FI.

The simplicity comes from its being an "on-demand" system requiring no fancy storage or plumbing. You crank the gas pedal or throttle, and you electrically create more vapor for immediate consumption, on demand; low-high flow rate as needed, from idle to maximum power. The only real change is that you are using tap water as fuel, instead of the traditional petroleum-based fuel.

Given a choice, which way would you choose?

such an advantage over conventional hydrogen cars that are just starting to come out now, with this water car there is no big tank of hydrogen waiting to explode.

gotta go wake up wifey and cook us dinn3r, i hope someone digs this watercar stuff.

BTW, Jared, when did you start needing leg room and having a job? ;P

when i started letting people sit in the back seat?

for the record, i work, own 2 registered companies, work full time, and am partnes in a ice cream stor and bar, and am currently working for a band, and launching a live digital recording company. my fater died when i was 6 and my mother has never worked because she has MS, My family in no way supports me.

and Will, the only reason i live in thornhill, is because it was the place where i could get the best house for the money i had. it has nothing to do with my up bringing, and really came down to buying a tiny condo downtown or a house in thornhill.

Edited by Guest

From today's Facts and Arguements

What's new in cars * "Want to be the first on your block with a $50,000 [$52,000 Canadian] Toyota Prius?" writes Michael Taylor in The San Francisco Chronicle. "Head to Hybrids Plus in Boulder, Colo., and leave your Prius with their technicians. Go skiing or something, come back in three or four days with a cheque for $24,000 and you will have one of the nation's very few plug-in hybrids that should easily get 100 miles per gallon." A plug-in is an ordinary hybrid with an electric motor and gasoline engine that has been modified - usually by upgrading its battery pack or adding more batteries - so it can go a lot farther on electric power than it normally does. Hybrids Plus, for example, replaces the Prius's nickel metal hydride battery with a more powerful lithium ion battery.

* The British government will spend more than L 500,000 ($1.07-million) in an attempt to develop a recyclable car made from hemp, reports The Sunday Times of London. The most likely first use for hemp-based components is as a replacement for internal parts such as mouldings and plastics. A team of researchers at Qinetiq, the technology development firm that is overseeing the project, has already designed a pedal assembly that could replace the traditional metal accelerator, brake and clutch pedals. As the technology advances, hemp could also be used to replace body panels and large components.

16225.jpg

I'm thinking that if I want to buy a house in Leslieville or in north Riverdale, I'll sell my car in two years and use that money as a down-payment. I won't buy another car. They are clearly money-pits. I'll be a transit man, but if I need a car, I'll rent one or use a ZipCar. I'm thinking hard about getting a Vespa.

I'm thinking that if I want to buy a house in Leslieville or in north Riverdale, I'll sell my car in two years and use that money as a down-payment. I won't buy another car. They are clearly money-pits. I'll be a transit man, but if I need a car, I'll rent one or use a ZipCar. I'm thinking hard about getting a Vespa.

just buy another beater and convert it to run on water.