Jambands.ca

Music Urban Legends

StoneMtn

I heard the ABB was having a suprise party for Gregg. They all hid in the basement of the house so they could yell surprise when he opened the door. When Gregg came home he took off his pants, rubbed peanut butter all over his balls then went to the basement door, opened it and started calling for the dog.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sort of jealous.

EDIT TO ADD:

I was actually spit upon by John Lydon (formerly Johnny Rotten) during a Public Image Ltd. show. He was really spitting on all of us on the floor, because someone kept spitting at him, and then he gave us all the finger and told us to "Fuck off" and left. Good times.

Edited by Guest

when i was a kid, i heard that david bowie and alice cooper had a gross out contest on stage that ended with bowie eating alice's freshly laid loaf.

It's most commonly told about Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart, to the extent that Uncle Frank addressed it in his autobiography , the great quotes being "What the fuck is a gross out contest?" and "For the record : 1) I have never taken a shit on stage, and 2) the closest I have ever come to eating shit was at a Holiday Inn buffet in Fayetteville, North Carolina."

Here's one particularly ludicrous one I first heard in high school and have heard repeated since. It stems from the song "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins and in particular the line, "If you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand". The story goes that it came from a real incident that Phil Collins saw someone refuse to save somebody who was drowning and the other person died. Then when that person was in audience at a Phil Collins show, Phil shone the spotlight directly at that person during the song and sang the line directly in their face, and still later that person was drowning in front of Phil Collins and Phil didn't save them ... blah blah blah, complete and utter bullshit. To this day I am a bit surprised that it still gets told because, 1) it seems to be making a lot out of just one line in a song, 2) the concept of "Phil Collins : vigilante killer" is rather hard to swallow, and 3) by the logic of the tale, if Phil Collins saw this incident take place, why the hell didn't he save the first person who was drowning?

Anywho, as recently as a few years ago, I was at a party where some guy was going on about this particular tale as though it actually happened. I mentioned that just the previous weekend I had seen an interview with Mr. Collins on TV where someone asked him about it and he said it never happened. So this bloke get all defensive and says well what is the line about then? I replied I didn't know but, probably like most songs on that album, it was about his ex-wife. The guy got especially bent out of shape about me ruining one of his favorite tales, saying something to the effect of what the hell would Phil Collins know about it anyway.

Here's one particularly ludicrous one I first heard in high school and have heard repeated since. It stems from the song "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins and in particular the line, "If you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand". The story goes that it came from a real incident that Phil Collins saw someone refuse to save somebody who was drowning and the other person died. Then when that person was in audience at a Phil Collins show, Phil shone the spotlight directly at that person during the song and sang the line directly in their face, and still later that person was drowning in front of Phil Collins and Phil didn't save them ... blah blah blah, complete and utter bullshit.

I've heard so many variations of this story.. Thanks for clearing it up, though, because I've been wondering about this for awhile.. Ha...

I've heard so many variations of this story.. Thanks for clearing it up, though, because I've been wondering about this for awhile.. Ha...

Yup, this one has truly become an urban legend. There are tons of variations on the story too. Read some of them here:

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/intheair.asp

and here

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1198

This just in:

Tommy Lee reportedly had sex on a banquette table in front of a room full of people at the Dune bar in the Hamptons Sunday night September 2, 3007).

Page Six says:

Lee's raunchy bar behavior grossed out a room full of revelers when the Motley Crue drummer and a blond party girl "were flat-out fucking" on a banquette, according to multiple witnesses.

One told us, "When Tommy walked in, he asked, 'Is it cool to have sex in here?'

The hostess thought he was kidding, but . . . then he just went to town with this girl.

We were trying not to pay attention because it was so disgusting."

Lou Reed shot heroin on stage in Buffalo during a concert in the 70s.

That is not a urban legend as he was arrested and almost charged with the offence.

From what I have heard' date=' he didn't shoot up on stage but he did fake it at a number of shows in the early 70s.[/quote']

the High School Hookers resurrected the shooting up on stage act for a brief stint in Hamilton back at the "X" Club circa 1992 or so... never kissed so many girls in a night (for the record, its pretty tough to tell what someone is shooting up on stage from the sidelines... heard it was "almost always" sugar water)

Ha.. I just found this quote:

“If I really got my ribs removed, I would have been busy sucking my own dick on the wonder years instead of chasing winnie cooper. Besides, I wouldn't have sucked other people's dicks on stage, either. I would have been sucking my own. Plus, who really has time to be killing puppies when you can be sucking your own dick? I think I'm gonna call the surgeon in the morning.â€

-Marilyn Manson

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/if-i-realy-got-my-ribs-removed-i-would-have-been/347551.html