Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday, StoneMtn!

bradm

Not to redirect the thread or anything, but the story is:

Stn Mtn and I and our girlfriends were at Kingswood on his b-day to see Jethro Tull. Me and my girlfriend bought Mr. Mtn a Tull program at the merch table as a b-day gift. As we sat down on the lawns Stn Mtn says something like, "Did you see the programs? What a rip-off, $20 for a stupid little program blahblahandonandon." Um, here you go buddy, Happy Birthday! As his face reddened he looked through the program and found it was actually quite substantial, listing every show Tull had ever played, kinda like a Deadbase sorta thing. That was over 15 years ago and I try to never miss an oppourtunity to bring it up.

Another sidebar, our girlfriends looked very alike and people always asked if they were sisters. Once the four of us where at a bar and a guy came up to our table and asked if Stn Mtn and I were brothers (we don't look anything alike; back then even moreso). It was a funny change on the expected.

Ya! That was totally weird, eh? I think it was at a Four Way Street gig at that dive in the west end (which name I can't remember).

This drunk comes up to us, and starts slobberingly talking about how you two look so much a like, blah, blah, blah ... and Velvet and I were well aware that our girlfriends looked like sisters, and are like "I know, we've heard it all before, they're not related ... just a coincidence ..." until we figured out he was talking about the two of us!

I was pretty much looking for the hidden camera at that point. (After that I considered getting a face transplant, but no one ever mistook me for Velvet again, so I so far haven't done it.)

I've gotta say, CJ, I'm a little disappointed.

Given my last post in this thread, when I saw your name attached to the next post after that, I thought, "Okay, I'm not surprised that she'd have a reply to that one. This should be something delightfully crude and sexual."

... but alas, a simple birthday wish and inquiry into my and Vanessa's well-being was all that was posted. Tsk tsk. Don't be going and getting all decent and proper on me now.