Jambands.ca

This evening, in the skies above Ottawa

Ms.Huxtable

Oh man that was so nice. It was the CTV balloon actually. We watched them prepare the balloon which was quite an awesome sight in itself. The balloon was enormous (sure doesn't look that big when it's up in the sky). The take off was so smooth we couldn't really feel it, before we knew it we were at 3000 feet!

We took off from Carleton University, waved at Dr. Hux's and Phorbsie's houses and the winds (what little there were) slowly took us over Rockcliffe (holy houses!) and we landed in a farmers field in Gatineau. The landing was so smooth that the pilot intentionally made it jump just to give us some action.

Once on the ground we had a champagne toast with a few refills and a quick drive back to the university.

A lovely way to spend an evening. The experience was about 3 hours in total, 1 of which was in the air.

Pictures to follow. Bouche?

That sounds about right. We passed over Ollie's at that time. There were only 2 balloons in the sky. Us in the CTV and the SUN balloon which was only occupied by the pilot. That must have been fun!

Sharon With CTV Balloon

so so nice to see you guys enjoying your life with a bit of action

i,m going up and go for a ride always wanted to go up in one,

I was constantly trying to get my bearings. Our landmarks from the sky are so different. Google earth helped a little in prepping me ;)

I just found our landing site on Google earth and revisited all of the things we looked down on. If I saw you Velvet, I would have waved for sure. I bet you would have even heard me yelling. I don't think we were that high up at that point.