Jambands.ca

Anyone have any 'One Step Beyond' shows???

ersh

would really love to get ahold of a copy of the first (self titled) One Step cd

owned one and loved it once upon a time but it wandered away out of my collection one night

were the first band I really followed all over the place, first started seeing them in some Italian restaurant in Toronto (College Street?) with about 20 other freaks who all saw something they really liked (watching Jamie tear it up back then on the Moog was good times indeed)

I recorded a show from the CoZo summer 2000 I believe.. Merl Saunders with OSB, IIRC. I could try to dig that up if interested.

That was after the big line-up change. I think Jamie was gone, and they had switched guitarists from the original guy (Andy?) to that big-haired-Vai-influenced guy. And I think one of the horn players had changed, too.

were the first band I really followed all over the place

I can remember going around to see them, too - maybe not at an Italian place in Toronto, but lots of other places. Good times fer shure. I can remember an evening at Baranga's on the Beach when I was one of about seven people in the audience. But I was really disappointed when all of the line-up changes started; it seemed to be the beginning of the end. I never really liked the new guitarist, particularly.

That was after the big line-up change. I think Jamie was gone, and they had switched guitarists from the original guy (Andy?) to that big-haired-Vai-influenced guy.

I think that was Jake Langely who ironically is a fairly well known jazz guitar player... I totally echo the Vai influence though...

Edited by Guest

It was Jake. I saw him playing with Garth Hudson a few years ago, and it drove me NUTS the whole show as to he was... and I remembered as I was walking out the door.

Corey Manders on sax, who wrote a bunch of the tunes on both cds, left before Jamie. Jamie was gone and Louis was the key player during the Merl days I believe. I'll see if Eric has anything.... anyone know how to get a hold of Karl these days... it's been a while.

Post it of you've got it!

I recorded a show from the CoZo summer 2000 I believe.. Merl Saunders with OSB, IIRC. I could try to dig that up if interested.

I would love to have a copy of one of those shows with Merl if you want to do a trade KK.

I taped a show from 1996 with a little handheld recorder in Waterloo but all you can hear is people talking in the bar.

I've got a couple shows on CD, as well a few still on tape that I taped with my big stereo back in Thunder Bay, and I've got the studio albums.

On topic.... Andy Scott is definetely still in action. Here's his web site and myspace.

http://andrewjacobscott.com/

http://www.myspace.com/andrewscottjazz

He seems to still play a lot in Toronto and I think he teaches at Humber.

The other day while watching hockey on tv here in Vancouver, there was a commercial for some album of a singer or something, and they showed a bunch of footage of recording. Every time they passed by the guitarist, I thaught it was Andy, then finally they showed his face and it was him.

Jeffrey... you remeber that Lee's Palace soundboard show you had?? I think I still have that Outpost show we taped, Brodie's first show.... but it's that tape you had that I'm looking for. Who'd you get it from? I remember you came back to school with it... and it was fuckin awesome. Do you have the Coyote's tape still?? I recall we went and taped a copy for Cory Manders after the show. Ahhhh.... good days.

Wow, that was a long time ago.

It took me a while to get into these guys, but man, they were certainly ahead of their time!!

I remember seeing Andy Scott warming up for a show (he played more notes in his warm-up than most players do in a couple shows!!)

first show I ever taped with my Marantz PMD 430 tape deck! I remember I showed up there with a piece of shit microphone (for taping, like a Shure SM58 or somethign), and then the sound dude said "why don't you just patch out of the board?". My noob taping ass was pretty stoked!

If memory serves the encore is particularly smokin'.

Edited by Guest