Jambands.ca

Best Biography??

MamaPink

this is a beautiful book, one of my all time favourites. yeah, there's drugs...but he's pretty much associated with drugs period, and not in a good way. it doesn't really glorify them.

cobain1pe.gif

it's also onsale at amazon right now, though i don't know if you'll get it before christmas at this point. :)

http://www.amazon.ca/Heavier-Than-Heaven-Biography-Cobain/dp/0786884029/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198165075&sr=8-1

I'd get your cousin a Che Guevara biography. There are a few to choose from. I really liked Gandhi's biography but it was a long book and would probably intimidate a kid that young. Does Craig Kielburger (I'm not even sure I have that name right, the kid that does all the international charity work) have a biography? That would be a great read for a thirteen year-old.

I think 13 year olds generally like reading about people who are ALIVE...reading about dead people kicks in hormonally a bit later, unless said 13 year old is precocious, anemic and/or gets beaten up a lot at school.

Into the Wild (the book the movie is based upon) would be a good choice I think.Jon Krakauer's writing is clear,bordering on simple, the pacing is pretty fast, and the subject is really interesting,and doesn't have alot of the taboos like sex and drugs generally associated with gifting kids.

Personally..I'd give the kid some Henry Rollins books.