NHL Playoffs 2008

badams

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the schedule is stupid

What do you mean?

It will only take a full 2 weeks to play a 7 game series ;)

I agree, the NHL likes to bend over to the US networks to try and get some games on TV. I have heard the ratings are much better this year. I read that they actually surpased the numbers for the final day of the 2005 Tour de France :)

well, game one is on saturday. that's ridiculous. then between games 3 and 4 there's a longer break than needed. hard to keep interest up.

Saturday, May 24, Pittsburgh at Detroit, 8 p.m.

Monday, May 26, Pittsburgh at Detroit, 8 p.m.

Wednesday, May 28, Detroit at Pittsburgh, 8 p.m.

Saturday, May 31, Detroit at Pittsburgh, 8 p.m.

Monday, June 2, Pittsburgh at Detroit, 8 p.m. *

Wednesday, June 4, Detroit at Pittsburgh, 8 p.m. *

Saturday, June 7, Pittsburgh at Detroit, 8 p.m. *

I'll be interested no matter how long this goes on..... I am hoping for double OT in game 7 and then the Wings can win it all on my birthday for the third time in my life (June 8).

But really I don't see the Pens being able to stifle our D. Wings in 5, and I'll party like its 6.8.08...........

Sorry Sean but your wings are going to fall in 6. Detroit has had a great season but you have to admit the pens are on fire right now. I dont think any defence could stop Crosby, Malkin , and Hossa Plus we have Gary Roberts and he can take on the whole NHL by himself.

I just have to say I have went to one game in all three rounds so far, and will be going to either game 4 or 6 (if pit wins both game one and two ill go to 4 if not its 6) it has been some of the most exciting times in my life.

All and all, this match up is to die for, a hockey powerhouse in Detroit vs the best up and coming squad in the NHL. This is great for Hockey in general.

Its great to be from Pittsburgh right now.

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like the Detroit D but I don't think they have seen a team up the middle like Pitt. Crosby, Malkin and Staal.

Hossa may be the most succesful deadline pick up we have ever seen. Usually the big deals just fade away as teams get knocked out of the playoffs. Hossa is 3rd in playoff scoring. He has defenitly been everything they wanted.

The Wings need some scoring from somewhere other than the 1st line. Franzen was supplying that for quite awhile. It's still up in the air if he will return from his concussion like symptoms.

I think the series will be close and well played. I think the Pens young legs will prevail in the long term.

It should be fun to watch.