Jambands.ca

coffee!

phishtaper

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They distribute in Ottawa and maybe further west but yes, they're based in Montreal.

I'm kind of nutters with coffee - I heckle and pester the bridgehead staff on Elgin Street to find out which has been roasted most recently. Ideal Coffee on Dalhousie roasts right in house but I don't like their coffee as much as bridgehead.

Now that we've got a coffee thread, (phishtaper, you forgot the obligatory exclamation point - e.g. Coffee! - when you started this topic :) ) what's everyone's opinion of Tim Horton's coffee?

I personally think it's below average, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why the masses line up for it like they're at a methadone clinic.

Black Crack, baby!

I dunno, Tim Horton's have somehow managed to capture the psyche of the Canadian People. On my drive to Montreal this past easter we stopped somewhere for lunch. Went to Tim Hortons and the line-up was literally 45 minutes long. So I went accross the street to Country Style or whatever it was. There was literally 3 people there. People are f%cked - thats the only conclusion I can come up with. That or they put crack in it, i dunno.

I hate Tim's coffee, but I guess as far as those "fast food" type coffee shops it beats out Coffee Time and others.

Since Ollie turned bouche and I onto Ideal Coffee on Dalhousie, everything else seems like crap. This coffee is the best I've ever tasted.

They roast the beans on premises in small batches. The aroma of the little shop is just out of this world. I'm forever spoiled.

Tim Horton's coffee is shit in a cup. I will never understand the obsession with this stuff!

Out West I've been drinking Salt Spring Island Organic Fairly Traded for a bunch of years and love their stuff. Recently purchased a bag of some Peruvian Dark by a company who's name escapes me but it is delicious.

Again, I hate Tim's.

can people really tell the difference between a fair trade organic coffee and a regular coffee? isn't the difference in the tariffs?

i think all coffee tastes like crap, i can't understand why people drink it at all. but the topic intrigues me so please indulge my questions......

I like Tim Hortons when I am travelling. I think it's habbit.

Since I started drinking my coffee black, I can tell the difference between a good cup and a crap cup. Starbucks is strong but is crap.

I Can't tell the difference between fair trade and not, but I have started liking coffee from certain countries better then others. But if you add milk/cream and sugar, it's all the same. I thinkt hat I can tell between orgarnic and not, but I only drink organic now, so I might be wrong.

I used to drink it everyday, now I only drink it about once a month, and love it when I do.