Jambands.ca

coffee!

phishtaper

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to be a huge Tim Horton's fan...however, could only drink it 2x2...I can't do it on the black side...It makes me want to barf.

Being a bus driver, Timmies is really easy, but for my caffeine fix when all I have is Hortons, I go with the steeped tea! Love that shit.

I also like Treats and Second Cup.

Starbucks can go straight to hell.

fairtrade tastes better only because you think it should.

organic tastes better because it is.

I totally agree.

Have yourself a cup of Timmy's, a cup of homemade Maxwell House (or Folgers or whatever) and an organic coffee, all lined up. The difference is SO obvious even if you add cream and sugar.

If you drink your coffees black the taste profiles between fair trade and non, brewing process, bean, region etc is immense.

There was a fascinating event at The Urban Element which pitted Tracey Foster (Owner/manager of Bridgehead) against Stephen Beckta (of Beckta the restaurant) duking it out over whether Coffee or Wine had a more diverse taste profile. Coffee won. And part of Tracey's Ace was that she brewed cups of single bean/blends/roasts in a mix of combinations, and then threw a Tim Horton's in for good measure.

That said I've not found a good Fair Trade Espresso in Ottawa. Bridgehead's isn't rich enough, Ideal's is a bit too burnt, and I don't mess with store bought. Nothing holds up against Illy when it comes to that very different but incredibly sexy drink.

Tim Horton's is coffee drink.

hahaa... that's a good one!! :)

Here in Chatham, options are bleak. I'm on the Tim Horton's train. I find it really interesting how Tim Horton's has EXPLODED over the past five or so years in Canada. What changed? It's been around since I was a kid, but never with the drinkership it has today. Weird.

Sharon and I are going out of our way to replenish our supply of ldeal Coffee in Ottawa (again thanks to Ollie for the crack habit). Maxwell house, tim Horton's, and all other generic coffee's just taste like instant coffee to me now.

I'll drink a cup of Ideal Coffee for the sake of tasting it, not to wake myself up so much.

I find it really interesting how Tim Horton's has EXPLODED over the past five or so years in Canada. What changed? It's been around since I was a kid, but never with the drinkership it has today. Weird.

i swear it happened around the same time they sold out to the USA corp. that runs them now, probably more aggressive ads, more menu items, and more msg and crack.

i love organic coffee, it does taste richer, ive never lined up fair trade and others to do a taste-off, but you can definitly taste a diff.

i love coffee. actually gonna go get one right now.

idontknowifitsallthisdamncoffeivedranktodaybutitfeelslikeimtalkingabitfast.

ever have one of those days? :))

• 4 weeks later...

The reasons I don't make coffee at home...

149435066_d8bc7f19ea.jpg

309251703_9ffab0c339.jpg

7660.jpg

7661.jpg

I literally invest 2 hours a day into savouring the coffee experience (with reading/writing in hand obviously). I'll be so sad to see these days go!

Edited by Guest