Jambands.ca

Initial moe.down 9 line-up announced

bradm

I've heard of TPOTUSA, but don't know any of their music. Aren't they also a "punk" type band?

Well, punk-ish (but not in an angry/violent way). They were a one- or two-hit-wonder ("Lump", "Peaches") some years back (mid-1990s).

Aloha,

Brad

exactly. if they announce all the really good bands right off the bat, too many people will want to buy the cheaper tickets or something like that. lol, that is probably not true in the least but moe.down usually has a pretty good lineup so I think it will this year as well.

To be honest, the pres's are kinda funny and I wouldn't mind seeing them again. Also haven't seen fishbone since roughly the same time as the last time I saw the pres's, back in the old lollapalooza days.

I guess it all depends on whether or not you want to go to ghost town or not. The hill at Turin was a realy nice place to rock out.

I was only there once and was impressed. Maybe they're trying to gete fewer people out this year and know that the people that want to be there will definitely show up.

I wonder what the mayoral race will be like.

This is just a guess, but with moe. going on hiatus, they know they'll draw huge whether the other acts are Umphreys or Lynch. If I were them, I'd take the money and run and book a bunch of cheap underlings. I think we'll get a couple of the ol stalwarts (maybe STS9, or Zen Tricksters) but this one may be all about moe. And that makes me think it will be worth it too.