Jambands.ca

Barenaked Ladies Stephen Page Drug Charge in NY

bouche

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officers knocked on the door of the apartment and inquired about the car across the sidewalk' date=' "at which time Stephanie stated, 'Yeah, come on in,'¤" court records state.[/quote']

"Come on in" to cops tosses a ton of your rights right out the window. You can say "no" and they would then have to go and retrieve a warrant. At 2am that could have taken some time and Stephen could have finished off his rails by then :P

Assuming the cops aren't lying or making up false reports, anyway. Who the hell says, "Come on in!" to the cops when they've got a pile of drugs out in plain view? I mean, I know some people are pretty stupid, but that would be *really* stupid.

Officers are trained to trick you into compliance. One of their most valuable weapons is the phrase, "Okay if I look around," or "I'm coming in there, allright" In normal life the average person doesn't view phrases like that as asking permission.

Train yourself to know when you're giving up your rights.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/city/story.html?id=08953f5f-f93c-4b04-b948-fb56d9d47120

While I never found it really a big deal that there was a drug charge here, the fact that mr. page was arrested in NY state for coke is interesting enough for the fact that it was so public. Inviting the cops in while you're doing coke is not a good idea, unless the cops want to party with you.

maybe that's all it was.

• 7 months later...

The story continues: according to

http://www.bnlmusic.com/news/

By mutual agreement, Steven Page will be parting company with the remaining members of Barenaked Ladies. Jim Creeggan, Kevin Hearn, Ed Robertson, and Tyler Stewart will continue recording and touring together as Barenaked Ladies. Steven Page will pursue solo projects including theatrical opportunities while the band enters the studio in April 2009, and hits the road in the fall.

Page says "These guys are my brothers. We've grown up together over the past twenty years. I love them and wish them all the best in the future."

The band also wish Steven well in all of his endeavors. Ed Robertson says: "It's the start of a new chapter for all of us. Here's to the future!"

Everyone is looking forward to making new music and thanks their fans for their support.

Aloha,

Brad

Wow.

I might be alone here in this forum, but I think this is big news. BNL are a seriously good band that started as a duo, Ed and Steven. Not to make light of it, but it's like Nigel leaving the Tap. This is a damn shame, and I hope like hell that the drug charge, and well drugs in general are not the reason.

This does make me wonder about those xmas shows that got cancelled at the last minute.

I'm gonna go put on a BNL cd.

Wow, that is a bummer. I always thought of them as co-lead singers of the band, and have a hard time believing that BNL will be the same after this. I haven't paid much attention to their music in quite a while, but I had a great time at the couple of shows of theirs I saw. I have a hard time believing this is not at least indirectly related to drugs, but I hope that Stephen is healthy.