Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was some fun ball to watch. That crowd definitely had an old-school vibe to it with a new-school attitude. It came across great on the tele.

Doc was incredible, as usual. I admit to getting caught up in the hype but it matched the expectations. Fuck watching the Bruins and Lucic. Someone knock them out already!

As a self-admitted Fairweather Fan, I am absolutely fascinated with my fascination with baseball at the moment. Watching the Blue Jays over any NHL second round Game 6? Even though I flipped between innings, that has NEVER happened to me before.

I think an oblique strain would be very uncomfortable for a baseball player what with swinging a bat and making odd movements when fielding balls and throwing. I don't agree with the football comparison, they play 16 games compared to baseballs 162, of course you're not going to sit out for soreness but why not in baseball.

Guess they couldn't find enough people interested in a Johnny Damon interview this afternoon ;)

May 13, 2009

Johnny Damon of the New York Yankees - on The Hour

Wednesday, May 13

Interview begins at 2 p.m.

Please arrive by 1:45 p.m. - Studio 43 on the sixth floor

Everyone is welcome!

They make a valid point about how a first place team should have better attendance but their point about moving the franchise is completely invalid if you just take a second and compare Jay attendance with that of the rest of league, unless, like Basher said, 10 other teams should be relocatted as well, 1 in Vegas, another in ............?

I hear you, I'm just saying I can understand how a fan might point out that a first place team isn't packing the place with the GTA having a +5 million population (pulled that number out of my ass, could be wrong) with the Leaves and Craptors long gone.

I think the crowds will come eventually as well.

But guys, the #2 pitcher had his first game against a division rival, the Yankees no less, and he chocked. Wait until they play the Red Sox. Don't kid yourselves. This team is going to live and die by their young unproven pitching staff.