Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always hated Eck - and I hate him even more as an NESN colour commentator - but imagine what Red Sox fans would think if they tuned into a Blue Jays game voiced by Jamie Campbell?

Anyway, the Jays better start to get it going. They haven't proven they can beat the Red Sox and Yankees so far, and I want them to smash those fucking pieces of shit.

It's weird this year. In past years they would have played the Yanks and Sox tough, then lost to everyone else (or so it seemed), but this year it's the other way around!

Oh well, it's all about standings. If they can stay up at the top until some of their pitching comes back they can beat Boston and New York later on.

Fair enough. And I'll admit that I like, to a certain extent, Cito's "let them figure it out" approach. But if Rios and Wells don't get it going in Baltimore then I think he really has to shake up the order - even if they win. They just aren't getting it done, and especially aren't getting it done with RISP. They weren't getting it done when the team was the best fucking thing ever two weeks ago either.

I'm thinking switharoo like this:

Wells

Scutaro

Hill

Lind

Rolen

Overbay/Millar

Barajas

Bautista

Rios.

Wells was productive as the leadoff guy last year. And that way he'll see pitches with the bases empty. Rios at 9 might seem a stretch - but fuck him. Or maybe Rios one and Wells 9.

I'd even consider making it look like this:

Rios

Scutaro

Hill

Lind

Rolen

Wells

Barajas

Overbay/Millar

Bautista

There just has to be a way to get Wells and Rios hitting and producing. If their, no there, no they're not going to drive guys in then hit them somewhere else.

ps. down on the farm we've got

Purcy - 5 games, 29 innings, no decisions ERA 4+

Acardo - 5 saves ERA 3.0 (not sure how many blown, but he's 2-1 so I'm guessing more than zero)

Snider managed to go 1-4 today with 2ks.

Should bring up Buck Coats for a couple weeks and let Rios and Wells ahve some time off...

Yes I"m angry. Yes I'm bitter.

Go Jays!

Wells looks like shit. Everytime Ive tuned in over the past week I see him at the plate with a hitter's count, say 2-1, or 3-1. Next pitch is always a fastball down the pipe and he either grounds to short or pops up in foul territory. THAT AINT RIGHT for a guy making his money.

They should trade him for Chone Figgins and make Figgins play centre. If this was MVP 05 I'd be doing that.