Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lit it up for 6 runs in the 4th inning. They made it look easy.

By the 5th inning Cassidy was asleep across 2 seats (good there is lots of room at these games ) and we were starting to fade too. Fun time though. We bailed in the 6th and it turns out we didn't miss much after that ;)

Nice tip of the hat to John Mayberry at the Dome tonight too. Flasback Fridays in their powder blue uniforms brought back a lot of memories.

Go Jays Go.

Great win yesterday. So nice to see clutch hitting, and I am so happy that we finally have a closer that I feel confident about (it was so funny to see Ryan looking in from the dugout in the ninth!)

Go Jays Go.

I am hitting up the game with one of my residents today. I a little nervous about taking him to a crowded dome, sitting in the 500s, but he should be fine. It is so sweet that I am getting paid double time to go to a baseball game!

Can't believe the Jays are sitting at .650, and after today a quarter of the season is in the books.

Lets hope they can break out the brooms.

Go Jays Go.

Jays Record: 27-14

Wins needed: 74

Win% so far: .658

Win% needed: .611

You cut out the:

Longshot: confirmed

already? You cocky bastard! You are gonna jinx us to the cellar!

It sounded redundant. I would have had to put "still long shot" which sounds dumb.

DISCLAIMER: this will be a long shot until they actually manage to do it.

last nights game was SOOOO boring. I hate watching Wakefield pitch but damn, do i wish he were on my team. Tallet had a great game aside from the 2nd inning.

side note: Dennis Eckersly and that other tool are by far the worst game commentators i've ever heard.

last nights game was SOOOO boring. I hate watching Wakefield pitch but damn, do i wish he were on my team. Tallet had a great game aside from the 2nd inning.

side note: Dennis Eckersly and that other tool are by far the worst game commentators i've ever heard.

And they don't do their homework - they were reading Frasor's scouting report from last year...

MASSholes

It truly was brutal listening to them give the Jays no credit whatsoever. I watched the second half of the game back and forth between hockey. It sure moved quick, but watching pop fly, pop fly, pop fly, pop fly, pop fly, pop fly, got a little boring.

I can't remember who it was, but there was a Jays hit where I swear the runner was safe at first on a close call. My PVR doesn't lie :P

My boy plays for the Blue Jays in Little League and they beat the Red Sox last night ... too bad it doesn't count for the big league standings ;) (he also got a hat trick in 3-on-3 hockey too ... busy night )

I've always hated Eck - and I hate him even more as an NESN colour commentator - but imagine what Red Sox fans would think if they tuned into a Blue Jays game voiced by Jamie Campbell?

Anyway, the Jays better start to get it going. They haven't proven they can beat the Red Sox and Yankees so far, and I want them to smash those fucking pieces of shit.