Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2009

badams

Guest Low Roller

Doesn't matter. The NHL has already decided that no matter what happens in the semis, the finals won't start until June 5th to accommodate NBC.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally due to my upcoming events am getting a bit burned by this stupid fucking scheduling.....

Between Phish and Bonnaroo the Cup will have to go to 7 games for me to catch one minute of the finals live.

Yeah Yeah, pull out my 2008 champs tape. I think I might just start rooting for the Sens- I'll get way more done outside in the spring.

Guest Low Roller
If Detroit wins tonight the finals start this Saturday. I swear..........dont get me going you fuckfaces.

In that case the League did a flip-flop because originally there was going to be a week off to accommodate their NBC overlords.

The NBC overlords you say?

Come on. This is clearly about the NHL owners and additional revenue. Everyone knows the Canadian audience is going to tune in no matter if the finals start on a Tuesday or 4 days later.

It would be stupid of the NHL to sit back and not try to expand in their much needed market if they want the sport to survive as it is in the long term.

What are you studying again Low Roller?

I can see accomadating NBC if anyone watched the games in the US, but they don't.

And they never will if you dont keep trying. At least this year has provided a huge buzz. Sportswriters who havent given a shit about hockey in a long time are getting back into it. That's a big start.

At least this year has provided a huge buzz. Sportswriters who havent given a shit about hockey in a long time are getting back into it. That's a big start.

As much as Im glad they're out, I think Bruins/Pens would have been a much better series AND would have helped the NHL at the same time.

I can see accomadating NBC if anyone watched the games in the US' date=' but they don't. [/quote']

And they never will if you dont keep trying. At least this year has provided a huge buzz. Sportswriters who havent given a shit about hockey in a long time are getting back into it. That's a big start.

I agree.

Guest Low Roller
The NBC overlords you say?

Come on. This is clearly about the NHL owners and additional revenue. Everyone knows the Canadian audience is going to tune in no matter if the finals start on a Tuesday or 4 days later.

It would be stupid of the NHL to sit back and not try to expand in their much needed market if they want the sport to survive as it is in the long term.

What are you studying again Low Roller?

What I learned is that if I use MBA arguments you deride me, and if I use fanboy arguments you deride me. So from a conflict management point of view the best approach to take is to challenge your perceived alpha male dominance with carefully placed inflammatory statements.