Jambands.ca

Official Ottawa Bluesfest 2010 Thread (first post contains current lineup)

bouche

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Islands was terrible (perhaps Nick caught on to the fact that nobody knew they were playing). Woodhands was fun, Konono1 was borrrring (went into tent, same boring groove lasted for over ten minutes so I left), Crowded House wasn't as good as I expected..... Butttttt, Old Crow Medicine Show was fantastic! So, all in all a good night.

Need sleep. Damn you Bluesfest.

One more tidbit before I sleep...

According to the Citizen, Alejandro Escovedo and his band played a 40 minute lunchtime set on Sparks St. Anyone witness this?

Tony D was there, he told me about it this afternoon. Apparently it was an outdoor in-store performance outside of the HMV on Sparks.

Arcade Fire will probably go down as the most powerful/moving set of my festival experience- but holy shit was Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi's band out of control-awesome.

Not often you get to see players like that in Ottawa, let alone on such an intimate stage. Initially the crowd was overrun with lawnchair people, but by mid-set almost everyone was on their feet- I recognized only a couple tunes they played and I almost danced it was so good.

I think they may have been especially 'on' tonight judging by some of the smiles they exchanged....and how about Oteil's solo towards the end. good golly. :dazed:

i liked woodhands too

Edited by Guest

COOOOOOOOOL! You know those 12 year old kids that play sweet covers on Booth St while the Fest is letting people out? Arcade Fire went and played with them after their show the other night! Pretty awesome.

I know the father of those boys quite well. Anyone remember the band Jehova's Wetness? He sang and played guitar for them. He's done a great job with the musical training of his kids.

alejandro was great as always last night. and LOUD! i had 2nd row centre seats which I couldn't use while I had the kids with me. they actually left half-way through the set, so I got to use them. way too short. played about 55 minutes total. caught the first 45 minutes of roseanne cash. up till the she only played songs from "the list" which was fine by me. left after Long Black Veil (and during the Girl from the North Country) , which was the high point of the set for me (what a great song). Saw Trucks/Tedeschi for their last 45 minutes. Great set as well. sucked having to miss either of those sets. also really enjoyed old crowe medicine show. heard about half a song from Islands, which was more than enough for me.