Jambands.ca

Official Ottawa Bluesfest 2010 Thread (first post contains current lineup)

bouche

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The festival expects to announce the lineup for the free concerts next Monday and announce extra programming for Lebreton Flats by June 1, Monahan said at a news conference. Festival organizers will also launch a $500,000 international marketing campaign.

Neil Young is coming to Bluesfest.

According to sources close to the festival, Bluesfest's executive director Mark Monahan will announce next week that both Young and possibly Pearl Jam have been added to the festival's 2010 lineup.

Timing for the late announcement is due to sagging tickets sales. Advance ticket and passport sales for many of the headline shows, such as opening night headliner Iron Maiden on July 6 are running less than half what the festival expected.

And Monahan's indicated that he isn't done yet. Expect him to announce yet another blockbuster addition to the festival, which runs July 6-18, by June 1.

The festival recently received a $1.9-million grant from the federal government's Marquee Tourism program. At the time, Monahan announced that the money would go towards increasing the size and scope of the festival's lineup of musical talent of its main site at LeBreton Flats, and its free Byward Market series July 8-13.

http://www.ottawasun.com/entertainment/music/2010/05/21/14037501.html

That would be incredible if Neil & PJ were to play at the bluesfest!

Unfortunately that article was written by Denis Armstrong, who is rarely correct.

True, but he seems pretty sure that Neil Young will play. He's probably wrong about Pearl Jam though, knowing him.

I want STP to play again this year, but they're my favourite band so I'm biased :P