Jambands.ca

Official Ottawa Bluesfest 2010 Thread (first post contains current lineup)

bouche

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am flying in solo on Wednesday just to see Furthur and heading right back here on Thursday just in time to make it to work (if all goes as planned).

This is my first ever Bluesfest and I can't friggin wait. Silvercreek is on the same stage at 6:00, I've caught them before and they are pretty sweet too.

So, I am a newbie to bluesfest. Is security something for me to be concerned with as far as party favors go???

There will be 12 evenings of comedy at the Black Sheep Music and Comedy Tent, beginning at 7:30 p.m., each night of the festival. For the 7:30 p.m. comedy shows, patrons holding a ticket valid for that day will be able to pick up a reserved-seating pass (for that day) at no additional cost. These passes will be available daily at the Black Sheep Music and Comedy Tent on a first-come first-served basis, starting when the gates open.

There will also be three unique, high-profile comics performing at the Black Sheep Music and Comedy Tent. Featured performers include: Wayne Brady, July 6 at 9:30 p.m.; Louis C.K., July 9 at 9:30 p.m.; and Lewis Black, July 17 at 9:30 p.m. These are separately ticketed events, with tickets going on sale at all Ottawa Bluesfest outlets beginning Monday, June 14.

Please note separately ticketed events info below

DATE EARLY BIRD PRICE(excluding convenience fees)

July 6, 9, 17 Reserved floor-seat $56.50 (tax-in)

Reserved bleacher-seat $39.55 (tax-in)

I forsee a changing of the guard next year- that this will be called the Just For Laughs Tent or something similar that will generate more corporate sponsorship money.

I don't think Paul pays for his name on that stage as of right now- he just donates his time as a part of the artistic team.

hey y'all...

I'm pretty sure the answer I seek is buried somewhere in this thread, but I couldn't find it. If someone can answer, it, THANKS in advance:

how/when/where can students get those $20 day tickets?

http://www.ottawabluesfest.ca/tixrushprogram

Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest Rush Program

The Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest Rush Program offers full-time students ages 10 to 25 an affordable way to purchase special discounted tickets.

Students with a valid proof of age and student I.D. card may purchase up to two (2) tickets per day at the discounted price of only $20 per ticket. These special discounted prices are available each day of the festival, but the ticket you buy on a given day has to be used for that day’s performance(s).

These tickets are only available at the festival’s on-site box office during hours of operation (times open). Please note that there will be a limited number of these discounted tickets available each day.

Aloha,

Brad

hey y'all...

I'm pretty sure the answer I seek is buried somewhere in this thread' date=' but I couldn't find it. If someone can answer, it, THANKS in advance:

how/when/where can students get those $20 day tickets?[/quote']

http://www.ottawabluesfest.ca/tixrushprogram

Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest Rush Program

The Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest Rush Program offers full-time students ages 10 to 25 an affordable way to purchase special discounted tickets.

Students with a valid proof of age and student I.D. card may purchase up to two (2) tickets per day at the discounted price of only $20 per ticket. These special discounted prices are available each day of the festival, but the ticket you buy on a given day has to be used for that day’s performance(s).

These tickets are only available at the festival’s on-site box office during hours of operation (times open). Please note that there will be a limited number of these discounted tickets available each day.

Aloha,

Brad

What are their hours of operation...meaning to say , when does the box office open? I'm thinking of sticking around work (1 bus stop away) grabbing them for that day at that saweet price.