Jambands.ca

Official Ottawa Bluesfest 2010 Thread (first post contains current lineup)

bouche

I hope this doesn't change their plans but:

April 28,2010

Due to unforeseen circumstances SunFest is announcing a last minute schedule change. The Flaming Lips have withdrawn from the festival.

We regret any inconvenience that this may cause. The performance of any band is in the hands of the artists, not the festival. As a result, our longstanding policy is that the schedule is subject to change and no refunds will be given for festival tickets. Festival tickets are good for any one day of the five days. SunFest has been informed that the cancellation is due to the hospitalization of Steven Drozd and therefore extends wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DBOC: Copied from Chromewaves

The pair will be at the Molson Amphitheatre on July 8 and considering the show starts at 6:45 and curfew is 11PM, it seems the Lips will finally be making up for their 15-minute V Fest set in 2006. Tickets go on sale Saturday at 10AM and range from $52.50 for GA floors (and the privilege of being in Wayne Coyne’s bubble walk route) to $29.50 for lawns (unlikely he’ll make it up there but you never know).

egad- Hole? I guess Monoghan didn't read that last Spin article about Courteney. What a slag.

And you wanna talk 6 degrees..Gateaux- remember that time we had Bacon Bro?

If they are really trying to bring in celebrity bands, may I suggest:

TENACIOUS D!!!!!!!!!

courtney was on Howard Stern this week. they played that skinny bitch song. Recycled garbage. The song sucked too.

I've seen spoon as well and they were incredible. Would love to see them at bluesfest!

Just curious where folks saw them as listed for playing with for flaming lips in TO? i couldn't find that anywhere...

full-page ad in the NOW magazine

I just realized the show is the day after Furthur in Ottawa :(

was thinking I'd hit it up, but not now (sorry POG)

BTW, if you're planning to buy tickets soon, you might want to do it tonight -- I believe HST gets applied as of May 1 (Saturday) on purchases that will be used after July 1.

Also, Denis Armstrong of the Ottawa Sun's latest rumour: Paul McCartney. Unfortunately, he's also been wildly inaccurate before.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/nowopen/general/paul-mccartney-coming-to-bluesfest/

his new album will be released a couple of weeks before bluesfest.

Alejandro Escovedo’s new album ‘Street Songs of Love’ is due June 29 on Concord Records. Tony Visconti (T. Rex, David Bowie, U2, Morrissey) took the production reins.

“A band record,†as Escovedo puts it, ‘Street Songs of Love’ is made up of tightly focused rock and roll and lush ballads. He says, “It ended up being an album about love ­ the pursuit of a feeling that is forever elusive, mysterious, and addictive.â€

‘Street Songs of Love’ follows 2008’s ‘Real Animal,’ which was his highest charting album to date. Brian Mansfield named ‘Real Animal’ the number one album of 2008 in USA Today. On NPR’s Fresh Air, critic Ken Tucker raved about Escovedo’s “terse poetry and some generously open-hearted rock and roll.â€

Bruce Springsteen sings on the rocker “Faith†and Ian Hunter lends his voice to “Down In The Bowery,†a song that Escovedo dedicates to his son.

“To call Alejandro Escovedo the godfather of modern country rock would sell him short,†wrote Will Hermes in Rolling Stone. Escovedo has appeared on Late Night with Conan O’Brian, The Today Show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and performed at the Democratic National Convention in 2008. He sang at Bonnaroo last year and SPIN.com said, “He bared his heart and scars with equal aplomb, and with a feedback-drenched, dual-guitar attack.†Escovedo earned an AMA Lifetime Achievement Award for Performing in 2006.