Jambands.ca

Top 10 Albums of 2010

lsamuel3

Just as I suspected, it's been a down year for music.

There are a few that I like, Spoon is one that comes to mind as well as The Acorn but overall I have heard a lot of OK stuff but not a lot that was really outstanding.

There is still some listening that I have to do though, I would be curious to hear again what others think were the best this year.

Guest Low Roller

The Gaslight Anthem album is fantastic. Definitely right up near the top of the list for me.

The topic of top album of the year was explored back in October. A little too early for some. Perhaps we should resurrect that thread and keep the conversation going there.

WOLF PARADE TO TAKE 'INDEFINITE HIATUS'

It looks like Wolf Parade's Toronto show last week may be the last one the Montreal band will play for quite a while.

According to the website Consequence of Sound, the acclaimed Canadian rockers -- who released their latest album, Expo 86, just six months ago -- is taking a "serious break" after their concert at the Sound Academy on Friday.

According to concertgoers, singer/ keyboardist Spencer Krug told the audience "this is the last show we'll play for a long time."

Singer/guitarist Dan Boeckner reportedly followed that with: "This is the last song we're ever going to play."

Boeckner, who also fronts the band Handsome Furs with wife Alexei Perry, later told the Wolf Parade's unofficial fan website that the group is taking an "indefinite hiatus."

Besides his work with Wolf Parade, Krug fronts the critically acclaimed Sunset Rubdown.

© Copyright © The Vancouver Sun

Just as I suspected, it's been a down year for music.

grind-my-gears.jpg

You know what really grinds my gears? Most folks on this site have lost their music spirit. This has come about from the ripple effect caused by the ease of downloading albums/songs, not too mention 99.9% of it is done for free and alot of that is piss poor sound that no one seems to even notice or care while they listen to it on their cheap laptop speakers that they got for 25 bucks. Why would a band pour their heart and soul into creating art if it is simply going to be downloaded 30 seconds after release and then complained about 5 minutes later on the internets? The collective unconscious has been stripped of an unseen beauty that our world used to not only provide but actively engage in. No one cares anymore because its all free and easy. Why work hard for anything for that matter? The erosion of musical art continues and the electromagnetic tsunami created by it hasnt come close to reaching our shores. And that is what really grinds my gears.

Just as I suspected' date=' it's been a down year for music.[/quote']

grind-my-gears.jpg

You know what really grinds my gears? Most folks on this site have lost their music spirit. This has come about from the ripple effect caused by the ease of downloading albums/songs, not too mention 99.9% of it is done for free and alot of that is piss poor sound that no one seems to even notice or care while they listen to it on their cheap laptop speakers that they got for 25 bucks. Why would a band pour their heart and soul into creating art if it is simply going to be downloaded 30 seconds after release and then complained about 5 minutes later on the internets? The collective unconscious has been stripped of an unseen beauty that our world used to not only provide but actively engage in. No one cares anymore because its all free and easy. Why work hard for anything for that matter? The erosion of musical art continues and the electromagnetic tsunami created by it hasnt come close to reaching our shores. And that is what really grinds my gears.

Fucking beautiful.

1. Gaslight Anthem- American Slang

2. Dr. Dog - Shame, Shame

3. The Hold Steady- Heaven is Whenever

4. The Black Keys - Brothers

5. Yeasayer- Odd Blood

6. Titus Andronicus- The Monitor

7. Caribou- Swim

8. Avett Brothers- Live Vol III

9. Local Natives- Gorilla Manor

10. Broken Bells- Broken Bells

Jaimoe I am with you on the BSS thoughts!